ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with 172 FK Coilovers

Suzuki SV650

My ABS & Service lights have come on and Renault say that the sensors are knackered, and its because Ive got FK coilovers and there is no bracket for the sensor cable to go. Can anyone tell me what they have done if there is no bracket on their FKs, and if there is a bracket, WHY ISNT THERE ONE ON MINE!!!! :cry: They are going to order some new sensors but until I find out from Ktec (am awaiting a phone call) what the deal is they cant fit them as they will just get broken again.

...Or can you swap the brackets over from the OE shocks to the new ones...?

Thanks,

Steve.

Ex Ph-Quick

I remember fred taking some sort of braket from my old ones and putting it on the new ones cant remember what it was though

Suzuki SV650

Yeah my lights didnt appear for a few weeks, but they might appear eventually, depends on how hardcore the sensors are I guess!

Just rang KTEC again and they said that the brackets can be taken off the old ones and put onto the new shocks without any fuss. So anyone who hasnt done this I recommend you do this as soon as possible to avoid having to buy new sensors!!!

Suzuki SV650

Ok, here is the clip/bracket thing... This is where the cable clips onto...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Steviep_172/48ff489d.jpg

But the main part of the bracket which sits inside the bottom of the strut where the bolts go looks welded on?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Steviep_172/9ee461e1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Steviep_172/f3fb3fe3.jpg

How the hell am I supposed to get them off? Or can I just get Renault to order some new ones (thats if they can get them seperately?!)

Please help meh quickly, my 1.2 16v clio courtesy car has lost its fun factor after only an hour of driving it :(

Steve.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

abs sensor id imagine

your fk coilovers should have that bit on them, minus the bit you can get off.

Suzuki SV650

I dont recall them having that bit on, as when we fitted them we wondered where the cable would clip into. Thought Id leave it as its just-a-cable and surely it wouldnt affect my braking.. How wrong we were!

Suzuki SV650

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 28 July 2005

I like how you posted this thread 46minutes after I had dropped my car off Stevie... ;)
Im glad you are enjoying your FKs!!! Maybe not as much in the wet thou..

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by StevieP on 28 July 2005

I dont recall them having that bit on, as when we fitted them we wondered where the cable would clip into. Thought Id leave it as its just-a-cable and surely it wouldnt affect my braking.. How wrong we were!
look again, most aftermarket kits/coilovers have the hole for the braket on them, just a case of taking the bracket over.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

You just screw the small mounting bracket into the new shocks. My guess is that the tyre has worn through the wire and caused the light to come on.

Suzuki SV650

Not sure mate, Renault just say the front sensors need replacing, I am going there tomorrow to take a look for myself and to also take one of the brackets off of my old shock there. (Dont have two as eugegall has borrowed a shock but not replied to my PMs yet!)

Lionel Richie

you need to remove the old sensor bracket from your original struts and screw it on to your FKs

make sure you put the brackets on the correct way

and if you need new sensors or brackets, speak to j3ned