ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know how to fit a star chip

clio williams, Ph1 172

Gettin one of these hopefully this weekend. Its got instructions but if anyones got like a step by step on how to chip a 16V it would be really handy.

Also does anyone thing I should get a Boost valve once I get it chipped? My car should have one apparently when I bought it but when I looked at someone elses they had one and mines not got anyhthin in that place.

Remove the ECU from the car, open it up (4 torx screws), remove the circuit board from the case.

Know the hard part, you have to de-solder the chip that is currently in the board (best bet is an electronics/tv repair kinda place), but youll need to remove the chip in one piece, as if your star chip dont work (like mine) youll need to put the original chip back in.

Once the chip is out of the board, you then need to fit an IC holder (it solders into the board and then allows you to fit whatever chip you like.

Once the holder is in, plug in the Star chip (the right way round!), fit the ECU back into the car and fire it up!

Seriously though, if your not VERY competent with a soldering iron, I would not try this yourself.. VERY easy to knacker your ECU/chip.. Youve been warned!

bEN

clio williams, Ph1 172

Oh no sounds hard!!! Anyone near sheffield and sh*t hot with a soldering iron? Never used one to be honest!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Oh no sounds hard!!! Anyone near sheffield and sh*t hot with a soldering iron? Never used one to be honest! A couple of pints in it for em!