ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone help with gearbox/driveshaft?

RB + LY 182 FF
ok i have a 2002 FF 172 and while its in the garage having a new driveshaft fitted the guy said the gearbox is a 182 gearbox and the 172 driveshaft i just purchased doesnt fit, So will a 182 driveshaft fit ? i dont just mean into the gearbox end but also the other end? and does it make much of a difference having a 182 gearbox in? sorry if i dont make any sense im no good with engines. thanks Natalie

BMW M135i
iirc the differences between them are quite small, the 182 one will have a bolted diff retainer instead of the circlip. Would've thought the driveshafts would still fit though?

RB + LY 182 FF
no apparently they dont fit, the mechanic has told me to get a 182 driveshaft to see if that fits..i persume it should do as the one on the offside must be a 182?!
only problem is a 182 driveshaft are harder to come by than a 172 one :(