ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had their car superchipped

Just wondering - especially for a Willie what difference there is if any? I have read a bit about the Hillpower ones but its far easier to get mine superchipped way up here!

A SHED!

Had my 16v superchipped, yeah car little bit faster, smoother rev range and new rev limit up to 8000rpm.

I had a super chip on my nova GTE untill i changed it to twin 40s. I thought it made a great difference, rec limiter up by 5-600 RPM and mch smoother and better delivery

Cheers guys - I had it done on my last car but it was a turbo so it was worth while, so I was wondering about NA cars. If it raises the revs slightly I would make a big difference. Ill e-mail superchips!

Unichips are not the great thing that they are put up to be. THey can do a fair amount, but nothing more than alter the input signal.

But more than a super chip can do.

IMHO if i were to get a car chipped again i think i would go for one that could be altered accordingly.

ah, nowadays with the modern ECUs you can pretty much fiddle with all you need. And saves splicing into the loom.

either go teh full monty or dont bother really. unichips.......you cant fettle a std NA that much, and filters/exhausts/pbvs/ etc etc arent going to devite much from std.

I may just keep my Willie completely std but I fancy a touch more power maybe just a de-cat is the way to go. I thought maybe of a de-cat, chip & panel filter to give a wee bit more.