ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another what tyre thread

Phase 1 sport
Pretty sure many of you will be fed up with answering these kind if questions but haven't managed to find the answer I need hence the reason for this thread.

In the middle of building a fast road/track car. The car will be used at weekends and possibly 1-2 track days as of next april/may.

Should i just go for the yoko a048's/595 rsr or a decent road tyre so I can learn to drive the car properly first before sticking road legal track tyres on it.

Anyone got any suggestions for me? Read heaps of reviews on eagle f1 asy 2's, pe2's, contis etc. all with conflicting views.

Always used ultrac sessantas on my other cars so dont really know where to start. Apart from a set of t1r's once but I found them to be terrible in every way.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I would just go with a decent semi slick that works well as a fast road tyre too.

So Federal 595RSR, Yokohama AD08, Toyo R1R, Nankang NS2R.

I run the Nankang NS2Rs on my daily clio which does a lot of miles and I have no issues with them in wet weather. They are a superb all round tyre.

You could run a normal road tyre such as Michelin, Pirelli etc but if you do end up doing track days you will ruin them very quickly so not worth it in that sense.