ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Choice

Skoda Fabia vRS

right........now im on to choosing the amp/s ?

ive decided im gonna go all Alpine........

now, do i get a 5 channel amp which can run the front components i want, the sub, and also some rear speakers if i decide i want em.....

does a 5 channel amp give you proper control over the subs power, as obviously i dont want it running at the same power as the components/coax....

or.............

should i get an amp especially for the sub, and a 4 channel amp for the other speakers ?

i DONT need to run my sub at full power, even though the 12"/15" alpine sub i get will probably be 300-500W RMS id probably only run it at half or 2/3rds of that..........and the Alpine 5 channel amp im thinkin of gettin (MRV-F450) gives me 4x50W RMS + 1x200W RMS

that 5 channel amp is £240, if i bought 2 amps id probably end up spending close to £300 or over!....

any advice ?....

If you can get a genesis 5 channel amp then ur laffing.... Genesis rocks to sh*t in amps... I should know, ive got 5 of them!

"does a 5 channel amp give you proper control over the subs power, as obviously i dont want it running at the same power as the components/coax...."

Nah mate, you get individual control over 3 different channels, there are 3 RCAs out! one for subwoofer, one for rears & one for fronts! Make sure you have 3 pre outs on your head unit tho!

I would say get two amps.... but thats only my own opinion, If your not into ICE alot then a 5 channel powerhouse would be better for you, so you dont lose much space etc etc. Coz people who get loadsa amps are for competition use & to look all good & symmetrical.
At least with a 5 channel amp, you can bridge your front speakers to get the best outta them whilst ur waiting to get your rear speakers!