ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator

My Williams had been stalling on idle recently. Last two days it ran sweet then today I turned it on to give a mate a lift and the battery light started to flicker. When I put the main beams on it cut out dead and wouldnt turn over no central locking etc. The battery was new on Saturday (540 Amp Bosch) and fully charged. Am I going to have to spend the £150 at Nick Hill on a new alternator or could it be anything else such as engine earth lead problems? Where are the engine earth leads, I can see the one near the battery? Cheers for any help.

My mates alternator has just been replaced his car kept cutting out when he would pull up somewhere and wouldnt start again his battery light was on eventually it wouldnt start at all it when trying to turn it over it just made this alwful clicking noise.