ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine iPod adapter opinions please!

FF Arctic Blue 182
As above I am torn between getting a CDA-9853/9855 and the new CDE-9850Ri. I like gimics so I like the swingface on the 2005 models, but the new one has a "full speed" iPod interface which sounds good, but no swing face (As far as I can tell from the Jap Alpine site none of the new 2006 have swingface). The prob being is that it makes it sound like the current KCA-420i is slow.

So I would be grateful for your comments if you have the current adapter.

gsb

98 Sreg Clio RT
The current interface is pretty slow when searhing long lists of artists/tracks etc. I find it much easier to create playlists of my top artists to avoid searching through the whole list. That is the only problem i have with it though, its great quality and all that.

Remember, The 9850Ri is much more basic than the other two you mentioned, it only has one set of pre outs for example. This is reflected in the price though. I'm sure it must have swingface too, I mean it has to swing out to get the cd in.