ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Problems!

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
Basically everytime I go to lock my car using the remote the doors lock then a few seconds later my alarm goes off!

It is the standard alarm and my car is a 2000 172 Ph1.

I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset it but that doesnt work:

1) Is there a battery backup on the alarm ?
2) Where is the alarm unit located?
3) Anyone else have this problem?

Any help will be most appreciated! :D

megane 225
located usually under the passenger side air bag, mine however was a 'compact' unit and so it was all housed within the siren itself under the scuttle panel.
The alarms are battery backup (have to be in order to have cat 1 cert) check the sensitivity of the ultrasonics, the LED should be able to tell you what sensor was triggered to set the alarm off, this will then tell you where to start looking

1.6 16v clio priv
To test if it is your ultrasonics

Turn ignition on,
then off, then on, then off. ( has to be done quickly)
Get out and lock the car
I think this has to be done with 30 seconds i think.
The alarm should beep 4 times .

This disables the ultrasonics. If your alarm is fine now then its the ultrasonics.

Apparently swapping the cables to the sensor will switch between 80% and 20% sensetivity.
If its at 80% this may help.

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
located usually under the passenger side air bag, mine however was a 'compact' unit and so it was all housed within the siren itself under the scuttle panel.
The alarms are battery backup (have to be in order to have cat 1 cert) check the sensitivity of the ultrasonics, the LED should be able to tell you what sensor was triggered to set the alarm off, this will then tell you where to start looking

when you say "the LED should be able to tell you what sensor was triggered" which LED are you refering to please?

Blueprinted 172 Ph1

Turn ignition on,
Get out and lock the car

This disables the ultrasonics. If your alarm is fine now then its the ultrasonics.

Apparently swapping the cables to the sensor will switch between 80% and 20% sensetivity.

I tried this a few minutes ago and still no joy!
I'll tell you exactly what I did!....
Unlock the car using the remote.
Sat on the drivers seat, closed the drivers door (other door, boot & bonnet are closed).
Put the key in the ignition and turned it so the warning lights came on (but not actually starting the engine) then back to off then back to on (same as before) then off.
I then got out, closed the door and pressed the button to remotely lock the doors/turn on the alarm.
And the alarm still goes off!!!??

Any ideas please??

Sorry about the essay lol

Da

Less
The alarm LED down by the gear stick (unless it's in a different place on the Ph1?) It flashes to indicate which sensor activated the alarm. Have you checked bonnet sensor etc etc?

RB 182

Turn ignition on,
Get out and lock the car

Sat on the drivers seat, closed the drivers door (other door, boot & bonnet are closed).
Put the key in the ignition and turned it so the warning lights came on (but not actually starting the engine) then back to off then back to on (same as before) then off.
I then got out, closed the door and pressed the button to remotely lock the doors/turn on the alarm.

Any ideas please??

When you did this did it beep when you got out and locked it? As if the internal sensors are off the alarm should beep to inform you that they are off.

Blueprinted 172 Ph1

Any ideas please??

When you did this did it beep when you got out and locked it? As if the internal sensors are off the alarm should beep to inform you that they are off.

no i didn't hear any sort of beep, does this mean i am doing something wrong?

Ford Fiesta

Turn ignition on,
Get out and lock the car

this is correct :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Could have a quick look for you
you dont get any beep from the alarm when turn ultrasonics off
and you have to di the igintion 3 times in under so many secs
lock the car and see if the LED inside glows for about 20 secs

BMW F31

Turn ignition on,
Get out and lock the car

Any ideas please??

that only works on the ph2 alarms

Blueprinted 172 Ph1

Any ideas please??

that only works on the ph2 alarms

lol thanks, thats why its not working then!

I think i've found the problem, think I may have a faulty bonnet sensor.
When the alarm goes off the LED by the handbrake blinks once, i'm pretty sure that both door sensors are fine so is the boot one so that leaves me with just the bonnet one??
Ive taken it out and i'm about to test it to make sure its working prperly by hooking it up to a battery and voltmeter...

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
Tested the bonnet sensor and its working as it should!
Any other ideas please people???

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
I'VE FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!! :)

I was getting so pissed off with the alram going off, so ealier today I took the dash off so I could get a good look at the f***ing alarm!
Heres what I found......

IMG_5432.gif

IMG_5439.gif

IMG_5441.gif

So basically it was fried!!! Looks like a new alarm for me then!
Could you guys suggest some alarms so that I can use the existing wiring/ISO pulg with.

Cheers to all the people that have left posts trying to help me!!

SchwepTek™
Good work finding the problem dude! Didnt think you'd be able to do it without my help! ;)

I will ask about for ya.

megane 225
is there the only one plug going into the unit?
I have a unit but its from a ph2 172 and its classed as a compact unit (i.e. siren and ultrasonic circuit all in one) if you have a seperate siren then i dont think it would be of use mate

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
is there the only one plug going into the unit?
I have a unit but its from a ph2 172 and its classed as a compact unit (i.e. siren and ultrasonic circuit all in one) if you have a seperate siren then i dont think it would be of use mate

Yeah its a seperate siren, thanks anyway mate!