ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm keeps going off whenever i open a door...

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Hi.

As above, whenever i physically open a door on my 182, my alarm goes off. It's only just started doing it and I haven't a clue why...

I've searched on here, and can't find an answer.

Basically, I unlock the car, and even if i leave it 10+ seconds and then try open a door, the alarm sounds. If i sit in the car and start the ignition, the alarm will not turn off. The alarm only stops when i get out of the car, close the doors and lock it. I've even tried driving down the road...it will not turn off. People must think I'm nicking it lol.

Has anyone else had similar issues, and what was done to solve them?
Like I said i have done searches on here, and couldn't find any solutions...

Cheers

Ian

Focus TDCi
I had exactly the same problem the day I bought my car. I called out an auto electrician and all they could do was unplug the alarm module inside the dash. It means I have no alarm, so if anyone knows of a proper solution to this I would love to know.

Sorry I can't help, but I feel your frustration!

Mk5 golf gti
try using your spare key to lock and unlock itt
i had a problem like this because i left it unlocked an it kind of reversed the immobiliser
using a spare key sends another code to reset it
i think anyways
worth ago lol

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
cheers for the reply mate, i will give this a go!
the thing that sucks is that i'm at my girlfriends, half an hour away from home and i can't drive the car without the alarm going off haha.

sounds like it could work though...cheers!

Ian

Focus TDCi
I suppose this would require me to have a spare key lol. Ah well, hope it works for you eikoorb.

Mk5 golf gti
ok if this doesnt work try this
and it may sound odd but bare witth me on this one lol
with the car locked use the key to unlock the car
get in the car close doors then
using the key lock the doors
then start the car and drive it untill the automatic centtral locking kicks in (even tho the doors are already locked)
there is a reason for this lol
then stopp and get out of the car then lock it
leave it for min or so
then try gettin back in an see if the alarm goes off
ppl may say buy this that an the other to sort it
but these are things i did to sort mine an it worked because the alarm an immobiliser seems to reverse its self sumtimes
thinkin the car is locked when it is unlocked
so when u open the doors alarm goes off
so i just took steps to reverse it again
if that makes sense
hope this helps anyway
i think it should work :p

DMS

A thirsty 172
How about disconnecting the battery for a few hours? Surely that should reset it? Or do they have a permanent "memory" of sorts?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
ok if this doesnt work try this
and it may sound odd but bare witth me on this one lol
with the car locked use the key to unlock the car
get in the car close doors then
using the key lock the doors
then start the car and drive it untill the automatic centtral locking kicks in (even tho the doors are already locked)
there is a reason for this lol
then stopp and get out of the car then lock it
leave it for min or so
then try gettin back in an see if the alarm goes off
ppl may say buy this that an the other to sort it
but these are things i did to sort mine an it worked because the alarm an immobiliser seems to reverse its self sumtimes
thinkin the car is locked when it is unlocked
so when u open the doors alarm goes off
so i just took steps to reverse it again
if that makes sense
hope this helps anyway
i think it should work :p

that sounds like it could be the one!
i'll go out and try them all, and let you know the results :)

once again, thankyou!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Or how about pressing and holding the trip computer button while turning the ignition on? Doesn't that recalibrate everything as well?
You know... the thing where all the lights flash on and the needles dance about.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
right guys, i've got it sorted. i was getting stressed!
for future reference, it seemed that it was this that worked :

Or how about pressing and holding the trip computer button while turning the ignition on? Doesn't that recalibrate everything as well?
You know... the thing where all the lights flash on and the needles dance about.

thanks a lot for your help! :) hopefully it won't happen again.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I really hope it that's simple for me too, gonna give it a try this weekend. Glad it worked for you bud. :)

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I really hope it that's simple for me too, gonna give it a try this weekend. Glad it worked for you bud. :)

i hope so mate.
i tried everything, so i'm not 100% sure which worked.

all i know is before i tried the last one, the alarm was still going off. and after i'd done it it stopped.
so if it doesn't work for you, try the others too :)
good luck!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
...one quick question.
the red light on the centre console next to the cigarette lighter. is it supposed to flash when driving? it may just be me being paranoid, but i can't remember it doing it before.
cheers

Audi S1
...one quick question.
the red light on the centre console next to the cigarette lighter. is it supposed to flash when driving? it may just be me being paranoid, but i can't remember it doing it before.
cheers

No dont think it should mate

Titanium 182
That flashes when the car's locked normally. So once you're going fast enuogh to engage autolock it should flash ?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine doesn't flash while driving. It only flashes when the doors are locked and the alarm is enabled. It will also flash when you first unlock the car if the alarm has been set off while it was locked, and will give 3 beeps to advise.
There is also a flashing red light in the centre of the dials which flashes red whenever the engine isn't running, irrespective of whether the alarm is active or not. I think this is probably because the immobiliser is armed.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Right ok. This leads me to beleive that there is still an issue with the alarm/immobiliser.
The light flashes both when the car is parked and locked, and also when being driven. I'll probably need to get it checked out, even though the alarm has stopped sounding when I open the doors.
Thanks.