ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aircon / heaters / trip computer

172 - m3 evo
hi guys. just bought myself a 172 on a 02 plate, got a few questions so bare with me.

1st off how does the aircon and heaters work? i turn them on but theres no "blow" (reminds me of the mrs)

and the trip computer thingy, i press the stalk coming out of the clocks but it doesnt change!

is this a fault or common thing or am i just dull?

cheers

also should i have cruise control ?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
There is a button on the end of one of the stalks (cant remember which side that is) poss the wipper one) for the trip computer.

The heater in my 172 would never blow unless I gave the cars so big revs (to built the volts up) then it would be ok

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ they don't blow hot air for first few mins cos the engine is cold?

And same with the air con, as it take a while to get the air cold so doesn't do much for a min or two.

well thats what logic told me.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Don’t think the temperature is the issue it’s the fact that’s its no blowing/working in the first place.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah, the air con does not switch the fans on till the car is up to temp, overwise it would blow cold air in your face when you want to be warm, and the opposite when the air con is on.

Do the fans blow if you just turn them up to full?

P.S I used to make air con / climate control units so know they do do this. Well the ones we made did lol.

172 - m3 evo
no i turn them on and theres no "blowing"

about to go back to work now so will turn them on before i go and see on the way, will update as soon as i get to work

cheers guys

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Cruise was an option on the 172 so you may not have it. The button for the trip computer is on the wiper stalk on the right hand side of the steering wheel.