ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light and resistors...help

Ph2 172
Evening all,
This evening I've put a new clock spring in & fitted 3.3ohm resistors in the airbag plugs, seat airbag & pre-tensioner plugs (following the guide).
After fitting these the airbag light went out and came straight back on again, where have I gone wrong?
Thanks in advance.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
One or more resistors will be fitted the wrong way around, spin them around one by one until you work out which one is at fault.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
The ones that I got with my OMP seemed to only work one way thats the only reason I suggested that, I may be wrong though.

Westfield, 182, 200
From memory, 2 resistors in the steering wheel, 2 resistors in each seat.
Could be a side impact detector fault, but more likely a bad connection.
I did my lads steering wheel as he had an OMP one fitted, and had to put the resistors in the connector before the clock spring as it was faulty.

Ph2 172
Doubled everything up and still having it illuminate, go out and come back on again.
Just to double check the steering wheel airbag is 3.3ohm aswell as all the seat and pretensioners isn't it?

Westfield, 182, 200
Yes, only side impact detectors read differently.
Did you put the steering resistors before the clock ring?

Ph2 172
Yes, only side impact detectors read differently.
Did you put the steering resistors before the clock ring?
I've put 2 x 3.3ohm on each seat (both airbag plug and pretensioners) and a 3.3ohm in each airbag plug before the clock spring...but I've since read that these need to be 3.9ohm?

The previous owner ripped the clock spring out rather than doing it properly so I've had to fit a new one.

Westfield, 182, 200
What about the passenger dash airbag that you can switch off?
My lad fitted some Cobra bucket seats to his Clio, and we stripped the old airbag out of a seat and set it off.
It went with a hell of a bang, would be deafening in a car!

Westfield, 182, 200
Had a look at the wiring diagram, there's also a 15a fuse, a driver's seat recline switch (detects if the seat has been clicked back after somebody has got in or out of the back of the car) and passenger airbags connected to the airbag computer.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get your resistors from?
Have you measured them with a multimeter to confirm they are 3.3ohm?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Try what @Ianboom said above, put the resistors in the loom connector at the back of the clocks.

843778CC-0601-4478-9A17-1D0E0E1BFD60.jpeg

Worth checking the connector is pushed in properly first?