ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ECU question

Phase 2 172
Just recently bought my 2001 172 and something wasnt quite right with it but couldnt pin point what it was, then it clicked i had no abs, stop, serv and airbag lights coming on at all. No wonder the guy was keen to start it up for me when viewing!

I stripped out the dash and removed the instrument panel, opened it up and found some rough pleb has snapped off the bulbs and solder joints. got another panel to try and found all these lights on.

I'm most of the way through repairing al the faults, so far i've replaced the n/s/f abs sensor(abs now fixed) the passenger seat wiring multiplug for the aribags etc was missing so i've got them all wired up now.

Only problem now is the car needs an airbag ECU, if i can get the same part number ECU can they be swapped over and re-configured or do i need to buy a new one?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers Callum

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I believe they can be swapped. I've got one from a phase 2 you can have for £20 if you're in need.

PH2 RS172
if youve still got the old one then these guys can reprogram it. ive used them before... 2 day turnaround and worked 1st go. the ecu was shot aswell. not sure on a clio but on vag group the ecus are coded differently as they tend to fit more than one model and are programmed in with the a unique code to the car. these guys did it no sweat... recommended

http://www.crashdata.co.uk/

their chat function is great aswell. got replies after 8pm from them within 20 mins!