ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag - DF074 – Passenger front airbag circuit 2, open Circuit

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Hello.
I have a Renault Clio 2002 1.5 DCI, and decided to remove the Front Passenger Seat which involved unclipping the Tensioner and Seat Airbag clips.

Upon re-installing and reconnecting the switch, I am getting the following problem:
DF074 – Passenger front airbag circuit 2, open Circuit
Live Data Stream shows – Line 4 Impedance = 7.87 ohm

I’m not sure why disconnecting the underseat clips would have caused an issue somewhere else?
My choices are:
1. Remove the dashboard and check the Airbag, and possibly replace?
2. Buy a Renault-com diagnostic tool to re-program the airbag and disable the passengers airbag?
3. Any other advise much appreciated?

Are you able to advise where Line 4 is on my car and if there is a circuit diagram I could follow on this?
Could have caused a short and damage by disconnecting these clips?

If I disconcert the passenger clips again I get 2 additional errors:
DF184 – Passengers side front buckle pretensi – circuit open
DF068 – Passenger throax side airbag open circuit

So I gather its nothing wrong with the clips but something else causing the DF074 error?

Renault Clio 2007
I have a similar error after replacing the airbag control unit with one from another car.

After quite a lot of investigation, I believe that "passenger front airbag circuit 2" is the switch for blocking the passenger airbag.

I'm guessing this cable (in the door) has come lose or gotten damaged while you worked on the car.

I believe that in my case, the donor car has a switch to block the passenger airbag, but my car doesn't. I'll try to buy a second hand door cable harness and switch to see if that solves the issue, otherwise I'll ask Renault to reprogram the control unit so it understands that this circuit doesn't exist on my car.

Hope it helps someone.

I just found the pin out for the connector of the door loom here:

Renault Clio 2007
I can't seem to edit my previous post, probably because I'm doing something wrong. Anyway.

Airbag Circuit 2 is NOT the switch for blocking the airbag.

Sorry for the confusion.