ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air con...

I want it!

went to the renault dealers today as my clio gets really hot, thought i would invest in air conditioning as it work really well in my dads car. Problem is renault said they dont retro fit air con, they only fit it to cars that have it already (which obviously is pointless!!). they said there are people that will do it though. iv searched and found lots for the usa, anyone know of any companies in the uk? thanks.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Short and simple answer, dont bother. .it really would be too expensive and too much hassle.

That said your best bet would be find a complete unit from a scrappie, and find a garage that would be willing to do it, Im not sure which clio you have cause your profile says "clio sport" are you driving a Renaultsport Cup ?

My point being its gonna be a hell of a lot easier to fit if there is another model that comes with aircon already. But on the new clios isnt the air-con patched into the ECU etc

Plus you would need to put in the climate control bit too, which means changing a lot of the wiring, possibly even changing the fan, adding temp sensors into the car etc.. too much hastle.