ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ahhhh BMW paint

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ok,
ordered all my products

Menzerna Power Gloss S 34 A
Menzerna Intensive Polish PO91L
Menzerna Final Finish PO85RD
Lake County -CCS tec orange cut pad
Sonus sfx-1 orange pad
Sonus sfx-1 white pad
Collinite No. 476s
Meguiars quick clay kit
2 x ultimate german applicator
3x foam wax applicator
Poor boys deluxe mega towel pack x 3
Meguiars gold class shampoo
Sonus der wunder drying towel 2 pack
Meguiars grit gard and bucket
Meguiars sheepskin wash mit
3m 3434 tape

Wash Down

Used the presure washer to remove all the grime
TESCO wheel cleaner (works well on my csl wheels)
Wash Mitt
Two bucket method with grit gards
Gold class shampoo
Rinsed down with presure washer
Dryed with der wunder drying towel

Clay

Megs quick clay kit
Cleaner wax
Quick detail all panels

CUT AND POLISH

the paint was in poor nick lots of swirls, holograms, dull, flat.... it has been washed in petrol station car wash for most of its life.

the paint was very very hard, after a few test areas, started with the 91L on a white pad.. no luck, chnaged to a orange pad... still no luck..So got the power gloss out, again on the white pad...removed a small amount, changed to the organge SFX still not much... so out came the LC ccs orange pad. Had to use the slow cut method.. finaly the swirls started to lift out using the power gloss..

process was slow cut on the ccs with the Power Gloss (took forever)
Slow cut with the 91L on a SFX orange
Normaly use with 91L on white SFX pad
2 passes of PO58RD on a white pad (worked for a long time to fully brake down and polish up) << so far this is my faviourt product i have used.

SORRY FOR THE BAD PICS

paint before

IMG_8901.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

Paint after (26 hours, 3 weekends) LOL

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8963.jpg

IMG_9353.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Then i buffed on AG SRP (buffed untill clear)
Three Coats of EGP (3 hour cure time on each)

after the auto glym..

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

then i got the colinate 647

love this gve really nice depth and strong protection gave the car 4 coats buffed on and off by hand

look at the difference

IMG_8929.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ive a load more pics coming

easter weekend i washed agoin and gave some EXP a wirl over the 476 and learnt how to use the new camera lol

looks sweet

BMW Z4 3.0i
How much did all the products cost you (including the orbital polisher).

I've just bought a 3-series in the same colour as yours with the same nice swirly paint! Still trying to weigh up if I should get the equipment to do it myself or pay for a valeter to do it. I'm worried a professional valeter will charge too much for the standard I', loking for but I'm worried that if I do it myself I won't do it properly.

Any advice is welcome, cheers.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
all in prob 300-400 (i lost count) the pc is ADs (so just products. maybe 200)
but i can use them again and again.

i wont be doing other cars for ££ as the time it takes lol. i wanted to do my own as i like pissing about with stuff.

would only cost £200 for a pro.. then just buy some basic gear that you can apply by hand to keep on top... unless you want to really get into it

M2 Competition
Looks mint mate. What wheels are they? 18" csl lookalikes? And which engine is that?

Lovely looking car.

BMW E92/Audi S3
thats real nice m8! i work at BMW and it takes AAAAAAAAGES for the valeters to make it look that good

Mito Sportiva 135
Lovely car mate. Even when I can get any car from the range, I would still opt for the E46 Coupe, although the new E92 is lovely with the M kit (not to mention the new M3...mmm).

But, back on subject, bloody good work fella. Just got back from holiday so ordering my PC (at LOOOONG last) this weekend. Got contact dermetitis on my hand though and bloody hurts so no detailing until it recovers. I look like a leper :(

BMW Z4 3.0i
Ouch! :eek: Wasn't looking at spending that much!

...unless I can refurb my alloys with that stuff too! ;)

im getting my wheels refurbed at a place in preston. £25 per wheel!

pep there 18" csl copys m8 :)

I'm just worried about getting some gash job where they just do a quick fix and 6-12 months later all corrosion is coming through or paint is flaking off or whatever.

Brazo got his done at a place near me so I've asked him how much he paid. I think he was happy with the job.

Mito Sportiva 135
im getting my wheels refurbed at a place in preston. £25 per wheel!

pep there 18" csl copys m8 :)

I'm just worried about getting some gash job where they just do a quick fix and 6-12 months later all corrosion is coming through or paint is flaking off or whatever.

Brazo got his done at a place near me so I've asked him how much he paid. I think he was happy with the job.

My car had a wheel resprayed before I bought it and the laquer seems to have worn down over time, it is no longer glossy like it should be so considering getting it resprayed properly again.