ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG tire shine

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
well used to b a big fan of AG but i'm finding the more n more i try other stuff on the market i can do alot better for my money, i'm not saying ag is a bad product, far from it, just think most of there stuff is overrated, any 1 else think this or am i just doing summit wrong lol... recently been using alot of meguiars kit & hav been v impressed :) , but the other day i bought sum ag tire dressing stuff to put sum faith bk into the brand n basically it doesn't look any better than the stuff i used to get from tescos for a £1.50 :eek:, i've tried spraying it all over the tire ( leaves a mess all over the wheel :dapprove: ) which leaves an ok finnish, tried spraying it onto a cloth & dabbing it & still looks like a really flat shine :dapprove: .. so may try megs stuff, can any 1 rate it?

thanks,
James

106 GTi
Decant into a small jar or pot and apply with a thick paint brush to avoid overspray.

Looks good when applied - but does not last and splatters up the paint in driving, I use it for shows only. Both the Megs Halfords sold ones don't fair much better to be honest. The Endurance Gel lasts better but is a dirt magnet and does not look as good.

Poorboys Bold and Bright or Wolfgang Long Lasting Gel here for me.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
take it i cant get any of the above in halfords though right? really looking for summit i could pick up in store.. so u wouldn't say the megs wet look stuff is any gd?

Mito Sportiva 135
I use Chemical Guys New Look Vinyl Dressing which leaves wheels really dark and glossy but can sometimes attract dust. Got some Blackfire stuff on the way though which is meant to be really good.

Never used it myself but the Meg's tyre gel looks ok from other people I have seen using it.

106 GTi
take it i cant get any of the above in halfords though right? really looking for summit i could pick up in store.. so u wouldn't say the megs wet look stuff is any gd?

The Megs Wet look is horrible stuff IMO, if I had to pick a Megs one up in store go for the Endurance Gel, ultimately would still rather mail order one of the others though.

Mito Sportiva 135

The Megs Wet look is horrible stuff IMO, if I had to pick a Megs one up in store go for the Endurance Gel, ultimately would still rather mail order one of the others though.

Yeh sorry I was referring to the EG... hadn't heard of the Wet Look one to be honest! You shame me Rich lol :eek: Ha only joking your just a bigger geek than I...

I do worry how much time some of us talk about cleaning though. Freud would have a field day!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
looks like an online purchase it is.... can any of u guys recomend a site which has the goodies u suggest

WR1 impreza
Not sure if its the same as the one Rich mentioned but I use Megs Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel.

Best tyre product I have ever used personally. I put it on with a brush 2 weeks ago and its STILL there now

Tom

Lionel Richie
back to black is the only long lasting stuff i've found, you have to spary a few coats on and leave it to dry for a few hours, but it lasts AGES

M2 Competition

The megs wet look stuff is brilliant, the shine lasts for ages, not too messy either.

Only problem is it runs out quickly.