ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'After wax care'

172 Cup
Hey guys,
I gave the car the works last week:(basic outline)
  1. Wash
  2. srp
  3. seal
  4. wax
Now obviously with this time of year the car is filthy! So its getting a wash in the morning!
I have got a few questions about cleaning after waxing...
I have super natty shampoo which is 'wax friendly'.

So the questions I've got are:
  • I can obviously wash the car and I'd imagine drying the car with a micro fibre towel won't effect the protection left? IE the wax.
  • Ive heard that you can 'top up' the wax but surely if you do that after washing you could potentially seal dirt/tar/grime into your paint(and cause 'pitting'?) and the dirt could collect in your applicator and swirl? Or should the fact you have wax on the car stop the dirt from damaging the paint?(and you cant use tar/grime/ect remover because that would strip the wax!?)
  • i take it you don't need to add more srp and sealant because the wax should have kept it on the car?
As you can tell I'm abit miffed! So any help is really appreciated
Cheers!
Rob

Golf GT & A4 Avant
washing and drying with a wax safe PH nuetral shampoo will not overly affect your wax. it is at the end of the day a sacrificial layer that will slowly wear off so try and limit this affect as much as possible. SRP and other grime removers will speed this process up so do.nt use them until youre ready to re wax.

you can re wax if you wish but take into account everything you mentioned. only do it if the body is still spotless. maybe look into a quick detailing spray as a wipe down after washing to help clean, some even add their own kittle bit of protection

what wax and sealant are you using?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Off topic, I thought Sealants were a synthetic version of Wax?

172 Cup
I'm using autoglym ultra gloss And dodo juice purple haze pro - black car
Ive got some of the megs QD so best bet is to wash then a go over with that and see if paint is clean enough to use wax?

Thanks for your help
rob