ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a macro lens

Mk2 Ph1 172
Been looking at this one Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG Macro Lens and Sigma 70-300mm f4.0-5.6 APO DG / HSM Lens.

I was wondering if they will both auto focus on a nikon d60, and which is a better lense, both been a similar price.

Cheers mike.

the sigma 50mm won't but the 70-300 HSM will however both are not true macro lenses.

sigma's true macro lenses are the 70mm, 105mm, 150mm, 180mm priced at £358, £333, £540, £680. the 70 and 105 won't autofocus on the D60

nikon make an AF-S 60mm for £300, 105mm for £580, 200mm for just over a grand.

Thought Id just mention that I have the AF-D model (the better one ;))

The difference are explained here, and NOTE it says there that the AF-D will NOT autofocus on the D60 :(

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
For true macro, forget about autofocus.

Your eye will be key here. You will be working at such shallow depths, I would highly suggest using MF.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
another point to mention is inverse square law - AF does not take that in to effect.

You must MF to achieve best D of F in conjunction with f No

I would actually give the 60mm a miss, you are going to get quite close to the subject. I had the canon efs-60 and it was not as good as the EF 100mm because you where so close to the subject.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm after a good (reasonable price) macro lens too, for the D40 :)
And if possible - a compatible lens with other Nikon models too incase I upgrade

Nimbus 197
I read that the 60mm AF-S is a good lens but you have to work REALLY close to your subject for 1:1 work. I bought the 105mm AF-S Micro a few weeks back, thoroughly impressed with it - steep at £600ish but worth every penny imo!