ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice about alpine CDE 113BT purchased and fitted today HELP!

extreme flamer
I had my stock headunit replaced today with the Alpine CDE 113BT, the headunit seems good enough for what I want it to do it has ipod connection, bluetooth, etc. BUT my radio remote next to the steering wheel no longer works as I was told I needed to buy an Alpine one, can I purchase some sort of adaptor to make it work? as I believe that was just the guys sales pitch for custom.
I also cant quite work the built in parrot system out either, the headunit pairs with my phone, copies all my contacts, I choose someone to phone and it makes a little noise through the speakers when dialling sometimes, I dont hear ringing through the speakers but when the person picks up they hear me through my phones microphone but not my car microphone and I cant hear them through my car speakers or my phones speaker.

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What phone are you using and what bluetooth software version is fitted? Stalk adapter is available from other brands but you need to say what car you actually have

Have you tried it with a different phone?
Test whether its just your phone or something not done right on the alpine?

When you buy an aftermarket headunit, none of them come with the adaptors for the steering wheel controls. There's far too many variations for each model of car for them to include it in the box.

You'll need two parts as MT says, a control adaptor specific to what car you have, and an alpine patch lead to connect this to your headunit.
MT sells them!

extreme flamer
I'm not even sure about what kind of phone I have to be honest its just some cheapo from asda, I made some progress the other day and made a phone call using the headunit but it just seemed to be a lucky attempt because whenever I've tried it again or tried to answer a call while driving it doesn't work which is very irritating, the guys in the shop I bought it from say that its my phone because their fancy iphones work with it but surely it can't be if its worked fine once?

As for the steering wheel remote I have learned to live without that, the only annoying thing is when I go to change the volume on the alpine and i end up turning up the bass to a subwoofer I don't have haha

Yes it can be your phone, the bluetooth version is probably so old (if its a cheap one as you say) that it wont talk properly

extreme flamer
thanks MT looks like a new phone then coz its really annoying, could you possibly tell me what kind of phones work best with this player please? e.g. blackberry, ipod, etc.

extreme flamer
new phone it is, my phones not even on the list its that bad haha so if I get a phone from that list it will work fine? could you also advise me of any speakers I could buy that are just a straight swap over for the woofers in the door of a clio and the tweeters in the dashboard please as the factory speakers seem too weak for the headunit and it sounds rubbish when the volumes by 20 good quality ones between about £50 and £100, thanks.