ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adapting OEM rear top mounts/bushes to take FK Highsport dampers? Pictures inside.

A Flamin' Red one
Some of you may or may not have seen me posting various comments about the place requesting help with fitting my rear FK Highsport dampers after the set failed to come with any FK-specific bushes. (Purchased second hand on the forum).

After trying to get hold of a set from FK Automotive direct from Germany and being sent emails containing exploded diagrams of VW Golf (!!) coilovers with a "what part is it you require again?" kind of attitude I went down the route of machining a spare rear bush and sleeve I had. I forget the measurements now as a technician at the college I work at did if for me but the result is spot on. Before, nothing would go further onto the piston rod than the first thread but now...

DSC00740.gif

DSC00738.gif

DSC00735.gif

I guess the purpose of this thread is for a few reasons.

1. I understand that the 172 front/rear topmounts/bushes are identical to lesser models but with different part numbers and different prices. Does anyone have the part number please for the less expensive rear setup so that I can order one to have it machined like the first, rather than remove the rear of the car to get at one to have it machined. Also, this way I can have two 'modified' top mounts for coilovers and two for when/if I return the car to standard.

2. When I order the part from Renault, what will it come with? Will I get the rubber bush? The rubber bush and the cylindrical metal sleeve? Are washers and nuts included?

3. Does anyone know if the nuts and washers fitted to the standard OEM setup (as pictured below) fit the thread of the FK rear dampers. If so, great, I can re-use them. If not, is someone able to tell me which nuts I will need, I.E. which nuts I should have had supplied with the coilovers.

DSC00731.gif

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Having had them in the boot of my car for nigh on three months :)rolleyes:) I'm determined to get these on now that some progress has been made with the machining.

A big thanks has to go to James of JMS-Tuning fame for his help and advice thus far - Cheers fella' and thanks in advance for any help and advice the rest of you may have for me.

A Flamin' Red one
Re: Adapting OEM rear top mounts/bushes to take FK Highsport dampers? Pictures inside

Saturday afternoon bump :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Re: Adapting OEM rear top mounts/bushes to take FK Highsport dampers? Pictures inside

IIRC you cant buy them seperate from the dampers (rear) I had to buy some from a breakers yard for £8

Cheers

A Flamin' Red one

Which part are you refering to Ben?

One of the bushings won't slide over my Apex shocks either, pain in the arse it is!

A Flamin' Red one

Hmm...

Any ideas on the nut issue people?

A Flamin' Red one

I thought Apex only did springs?

Nope, full suspension kit. Ktec sell them!