ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Warning Light.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
It came on earlier in the valver, so I stopped, turned the ignition off & restarted & it didnt reappear.

Ben P kindly informes me that this means my car is about to set on fire any second and I'll no doubt die..
Anyone got a serious answer?
Dirty sensor/low fluid maybe?
Someting more serious?

Ta!

x

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Its likely that you have a dirty ring....

best take a look near the driveshaft ends.

visualize whirled pe
Is there a kick back on the pedal at low speeds, or any unusual noises when braking?
Keep an eye on it and see when it happens again.

Basically on my car the abs sensor ring (which is what the sensor takes a measurement from) was corroded on one side and snapped and free spinning on the other yet the light didn't come on until it was completely screwed and activating the abs constantly. So in other words I noticed there was a problem long before the light came on.

If you cant see a problem or feel one when you drive it's probably just an intermittent electrical misreading.
It's probably OK but if you are at all worried or the brakes dont feel right take it into a garage and have them check you are safe.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Stops fine & everything feels 'normal'..
I'm guessing it was intermittent because its not happened again & I've been out since about 3pm.