ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6X9ssss

hey anyone help me here

i have got some 300watt top of the range pioneer 6x9s running off my 4x50 watt alpine cd head unit. how much better would these perform if they were run off a separate amp ???? wot sort of amp would i be looking at ????

cheers

To be honest mate 6 x 9s dont perform that much better on an amp unless they are boxed, because they are very efficiant speakers they dont need the extra power, the sound quality may improve slightly but not a good pound for pound purchase. A better way is to power the front components or if you dont have after market fronts then spend the money on these. If you do decide to get an amp then there is no hard and fast rule which one to buy and the main factor is budget, to get a decent result you will need to spend £100 - £150 on an 2 channel amp, which also would get you a very decent set of front speakers.

Hope this helps

Luke

6x9s mate are great speakers iand the best ones in a set up with no sub. They are more midrange speakers rather then bass so although an amp would sharpen the sound you would most likly not get as deeper bass as you would like . Best bet is to amp a sub and add crossovers to direct the frequencies to the right speakers.

pete