ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9's without AMP

Oyster Card
I've got a 100db 50w x4 Sony Xplode Headunit currently running on standard speakers.
I was wondering would I benifit from rear 6x9's without installing an AMP. I'm hoping to buy a mates sub and amp when I get paid again next month but I've got the money for some decent 6x9's now.

Mégane RS
I've got my 6x9 amped and they aare very powerful, i dont know how much you would benefit from 6x9 not amped but some people run them like this

Polo + Micra
don't get 6x9's on your back shelf

even more so, as you are thinking of getting a sub

clio si dti
They will sound better than your standard speakers but you wont get the full potential out of them without amping them.

what Dink & evil John said is right.
My valver sounded a whole lot better with just the front speakers & my vibe sub in the boot, the speakers & sub will be competing for the same air space, so they will make it sound awful.

please do not waste your money on 6x9's

i will no longer go into the reasons why you shouldn't, but you will thank me when you realise why

VaVa
Get the 6x9's and amp them. They'll sound way better than the standard ****e.

They're cheap, are a piece of piss to fit and don't take up half your boot.

Don't listen to the audio snobs above. lol. Alright so your never going to get perfect sound from an oval speaker, but does it really matter? Will you be entering any competitions? 6x9's do a job. Simple as that.

Deffo don't bother if your fitting a sub at a later date though.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
if ur getting a sub don't bother.

if ur not get them and definitely amp them, makes the world of difference.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
See I've got a sub and speakers on my parcel shelf (not 6x9's and not amped). I've been in a car with just front speakers and a sub going, and it sounds great if you're sitting in the front - but if your a rear passenger then all you can hear is bass - so I don't see how it's practical to have no rear speakers; unless you don't give a sh*t because your always driving so it'll sound good to you?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
TBH i have had speakers on a shelf and a sub, and i tend to find that the base is cancelled out, the best option would be to lose the 6x9's and put a set of components in the rear door cards, therefore having good quailty sounds with the benefit of deep base.

To get the best out of the components i would run them of a 4 channel amp and i promise you will be much happier with the sound quality.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Guess if you ran the rears off an amp instead of the headunit then I could see how it would cancel the bass out.