ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 different sized subs, one install

Mk2 Golf GTI

right, a friend of mine wants to put a 10" 12" and 15" sub into his car, all running together. Am i right in saying that it will be completely out of sync due to the different surface areas of each sub and how long it takes them to shift the air? im sure this wouldnt work but no-one can give me a solid answer.

good question, will it not just be that it requires power power to the sub to move the larger cone?

But smaller cones are faster, this may play contribution to it, but you could always run each sub on a different preout of a HU that has 3 preouts and time correction, and have the 10" and fornts working off the same perout. unless you could find an HU with 4 preouts. Or you could get a eq that can do time correction, if its possible!!!

But im not sure

Try asking at

http://www.talkaudio.co.ukwww.talkaudio.co.uk

Rorrie

sorry connors post has remoneded me - why would he want to do it?? does he want a system that drops low and is fast?? dont see a point in it really!!

not worth it, the whole set up will sound awful, best of going for a pair of 10s or a pair of 12s (maybe even a pair of 13" focals :D )

they any good bambam? ive got a directed audio studio 12 atm (duel voice coil) and was tempted just to either get another one, or a sell it and and get either a single W6, an orion sub or one of the upper class phase linear

the focal subs are awesome, not worth the money though, if you can get them cheap, they have got to be worth looking into

the phase linear aliante subs are some of the best i have seen, not loud in the slightest, but they are basically an audiophile sub, ive not heard a better sub straight out of the box than the PL

you may aswell pay the extra and get a W7 if you want a JL, the price difference shows in the quality

not certain on the Orion kit, not had a chance to listen to any of their products

w7 is alot more expensive! can get a w6 for 380!

although very tempted by a couple of maybe just the one of PL! from what i heard.. they can be loud when they want to be but the SQ is just top notch!

SQ on them is awesome, but the signal to noise is what lets them down, they are around 92dB, whereas most other subs in the class are near to 100dB

or even more ;) they operate in very small enclosures

i would recommend them above most other subs, (though the boston pro are a very good speaker too)

TBH if you are going for an aliante sub, then genesis amps wont be good enough IMHO, you will need to look more along the lines of Sinfoni, Audison, Phase Linear (opus 1) amplifiers, if only to get the most out of the subs

im sure the genesis profile sub will be able to push it enough m8? they are perfect for w6s....

& sinfoni amps were the only other route i was gonna go down :eek: they are sooooo sexy!!!! but a big price tag comes with them!

& not only that, ur getting the genesis amps above the profile range ;) they are beasts