ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2gb Memory stick duo - where from?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Getting a W800i on Monday.

Where's the best place to buy a 2Gb card? I've looked on ebay but the prices are all over the place what with cheap cost and high postage/high cost and low postage.

Anywhere better I can get one? How much am I looking at, about £100?

Cheers.

172 Cup
While you're at it buy a memory card reader. Transfering songs to the W800i via USB is SH*TE to put it mildly.

Edit- The cheapest I've ever seen a 2gb MSPD on the net is £140 so either buy 2 * 1gig at £45 each or risk it on ebay.

500bhp Scoob
I'll agree with the speed problem, well worth buying a cheapie card reader, i bought a 36 in 1, or something like that, copy over a gig in a few minutes :)

I bought my 1gb card off ebay, and a chap at work bought one from ebay aswell but the seller was in hong kong, arrived all gift wrapped, with gift written on it, and didnt get taxed, as its so small :) (no doubt they're going for all them psps that are being sent over with the older firmware lol)

Chris1.4RT said:
Getting a W800i on Monday.

Where's the best place to buy a 2Gb card? I've looked on ebay but the prices are all over the place what with cheap cost and high postage/high cost and low postage.

Anywhere better I can get one? How much am I looking at, about £100?

Cheers.

let me know if you wanna sell your 512 card!!!!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I probably will want to sell it. Let you know when I do get a 2gb one.

I already have a card reader.

Ebay it is then it seems.

Cheers.

182... again!
Used Picstop.co.uk a few times for cards/dongles.....superb prices and service!

is using the usb thingy really that bad ??
I don't understand what I have got with it, there's a blue card in the phone (I assume its the small card) then I have an orange plastic box with 512 on it, when i looked in the box I have some odd looking thing - where am i supposed to put that ??
soz for the dumb questions, me & phones don't go together !!!

also how does a memory card reader work ?
(told you i'm sh*t at phones !!)

172 Cup
The "thing" in the orange casing is simply the adapter so you can use the card in card readers.

As for using the USB try it for yourself. I've tried transferring various albums and althought they all appear to transfer succesfully you end up with random songs on the phone.

lol - cheers mate, said i never had a clue didn't i !!
what about the other memory card ? the smaller one, where is that one ?

the 512MB card is in the slot that is on the bottom left hand side of the phone, under an orange pull-out hatch. to remove it, pull the hatch open and then press the card (its blue, and sticks out slightly) with a fingernail until it pops loose. then you can pull it out.

the 34MB is the phones internal memory, and cannot be removed.

cheers mate - for a minute i though i had something missing form the phone.
(plus as i said i'm cr*p with phones)