ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

28th July Blackpool Meet Anyone Game ?

RB Lutecia
I'm rather new to the forum and at the minute i dont really know anybody ! So i was just curious to whether or not anyone fancied a meet in blackpool just to get to know one another etc and maybe organise meeting for the clio saturday convoy if anybodys going round here ?

Well i was thinking maybe to meet up at the bus depot in the middle of the one way in blackpool as i dont really know other places off the top of my head for around 7-8 ish, even if people pick a better time or better spot in blackpool thats fine just fancy getting out and seeing other clios and meeting new folk !

Thanks in advance Mark

Clio 172, Pug 106
I wouldnt go to the bus station! Council are proper clamping down at the moment on cars parking in the main car parks without paying etc!!
Plus with it being in the centre of town and a saturday night it will be busy!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I sorted a Blackpool meet out last summer it's a bit of a tricky one the parking was a right pain in the ass we were all on the street in the end! I'd meet on the outside of town somewhere food for photos in twos wouldn't be worth it!

RB Lutecia
Do either of you know of anywhere near like preston or something then maybe ? I know my way a little around preston just as much as blackpool really, and would either of you 2 be up for it if we can organise a spot and a few more ? Saves someone like me not knowing anybody and casually taking a seat watching and looking through the forums all night haha

Clio 182 FF
Preston bus station? I can't make this weekend as I'm going ten of the best but would be interested in future meets

Clio 172, Pug 106
Im not able too this weekend either as im also going TOTB, but i think surely its worth planning it properly than just saying a random day

Astra (H) VXR
i wouldnt mind getting to know a few people round the local area, im from lancaster so just down the road from either blackpool or preston. if someone organises something then i would be up for it. except this weekend.. heading down to leeds to get drunk lol.

RB Lutecia
Pish ! ha well at least we all have something in common ! Cant do saturday lol well im sure we can organise another time sooner rather than later and andyk1801 where abouts from lancaster ? havent seen you about and i live in torrisholme so im in lancaster all the time would be a start getting to know folk from the area !

Astra (H) VXR
Pish ! ha well at least we all have something in common ! Cant do saturday lol well im sure we can organise another time sooner rather than later and andyk1801 where abouts from lancaster ? havent seen you about and i live in torrisholme so im in lancaster all the time would be a start getting to know folk from the area !

just live at the bottom of ridge hill, i have a flame red 172. what you driving mate? i may have notcied you around

Clio 172, Pug 106
best of arranging something 2nd week in august.. give everyone time to make arrangements and sort a location

RB Lutecia
Yeah mate, noticed you at the bottom of the hill, will have to stop some time and let me have a look at it, if thats your bay it looks clean ! :) JustinS may have to do that, give people longer to get some ideas together so keep an eye out around these parts of the forum ill be posting up again soon :D

Astra (H) VXR
Yea no worries. Was off back to work the other night. Yea that's the engine bay. All painted up, few other thins could do with a clean on it though. It's work in progress. Needs a service now though so that's next on the list.

RB Lutecia
Fancy doing it yourself orr do you take it to garages etc ? I've dropped the oil and fresh filter on mine now twice and havent had it 2,000 miles haha, also replaced the gearbox with a new clutch kit and have a cambelt in the boot that needs doing :)

Astra (H) VXR
My mates dad does services cheap for me. I have done bits myself like the painting and fitted the splitter on the front. Just not big on mechanics, could probs do it but would rather just let them donor then I know it's done right. He's always serviced/repaired my cars. Plus I live on a main road not exactly ideal for working on a car.

RB Lutecia
True, peace of mind and all that with someone you trust so theres no point to change will have to stop and have a look at some point over the cars mate

Astra (H) VXR
Yea sound buddy... If I see you around il pop over if I've got chance. I don't really just drive around any more tens to jut use it to get about but like I say if I see you il pop over!

RB Lutecia
No worries mate and maybe at a meet sometime through here, oh are you going css or not mate ?

Astra (H) VXR
No wont be bothering. Think I'm working. If not I have my little boy at weekends so can't really take him. Yea I've been watching out for local meets.

Do you knock around with any of the young lads round here? Don't know how old you are so not sure if you will.

RB Lutecia
Well, im 19 mate, are you anything to do with Tom kennedy ? I presume that may be your last name ? and im out every now and then but not so much, halfords and elements car parks dont really do it for me these days tbh ha maybe when i was 17 in my westcoast saxo lol

Astra (H) VXR
Haha yea that's my cousin. I'm 26 now so gave up all the car parks when I got rid of my 16v mk1 Clio about 6 years ago. Haha shows my age it used to be called liquid car park. I know one lad who sits on there through work used to drive a quicksilver and he's got a blue S3 look a like now.

RB Lutecia
Yeah thats the lad i know from 2 i think, Stuart Lane and the other lad i know from one is in a black astra Michael Howard youre not thaat old i think im young to have one of these i see other fellas in these that are 30 and 40 + ! No offence to anyone like ha

Astra (H) VXR
Yea I traded my BMW for this. But the BMW was a wreck and this was quite good condition. Takes me back to my youth a bit owning it. I've seen the la with the Astra about before. Followed me to milnthorpe once down the A/B roads... That was interesting lol. how much is your insurance on it? Or is that a touchy subject. Haha... Mine is higher now than it was when I was 20 on a similar car. It's gone up so much recently it's unreal and I don't have any points or claims.

RB Lutecia
Yeah i know michael really well to be honest i cant believe it would of been a fruity trip for you, that astras now running 270 brake with 400 lbft of torque ! and yes most definitley 'touchy' lol long story to why i have 6 points for no insurance but i do . . no no claims bonus and obviously im only 19 in a clio 182 pmsl onto a winner eh ha and tell me about it, its unreal these days the robbing gyspys !

Astra (H) VXR
He over took me on the straight but he was struggling in the corners to be fair. I ended up with 6 points for no insurance even though in court i proved that I had it. I'd just bought a car years ago and started the policy a day early. But got pulled for testing it out on the motor way on the way home. Avg 103mph on the police are camera. They put it down as an IN10 on my license. That's gone now though. Was about 6 years ago.

RB Lutecia
He's not very gifted to be honest at driving well haha hes a sound enough lad though and as for the police, even when they get proven wrong they dont like it and still do you for something, half of them are alright its the others that if you cross them when youre in a mood . . . like when i got caught, no insurance 'apparantly' car taken to macadams and 3 weeks later a coke can :/ was gutted ha major frowns that night lol

Astra (H) VXR
That's well s**t. There was one that wouldn't leave me alone until I put in a harassment case against him. PC Canning!! Arse!!

RB Lutecia
Sounds like a Cant ;) lol mine were aswell to be honest as soon as they did the checks when i was in there X3 and they saw no insurance they just looked at one another and thought hmm 19 year old in a saxo, no insurance, lets bend him over and they did . . well and truly but 3 months later on the day i bought the clio and saved 3k for it :)