ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Racing...

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Anyone thinking of joining the Tricolre Trophy for 2016?
Hopefully setting my car up for Class A which is pretty much anything goes (Throttle bodies etc etc)
However will fall back into Class E which a new class if money is tight. Production Plus - anything goes on the car just like Class A however you cannot touch Inlets/induction but you can run a map on the Ecu.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'm hoping to be. Will probably go for class E too, not sure if the car will be ready for the first meeting yet but if it's not I'll be there anyway

Also in this situation... I really want to get my car to be class A spec but I just don't see it being viable money wise.

So I'm pretty certain it will be built to prod plus for a season then slowly build it higher.

Didn't know induction kits were not aloud but that makes sense.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Also in this situation... I really want to get my car to be class A spec but I just don't see it being viable money wise.

So I'm pretty certain it will be built to prod plus for a season then slowly build it higher.

Didn't know induction kits were not aloud but that makes sense.
Yeah I haven't touched my engine I think it may be running a map from a previous owner but I can't honestly say, I rung standard induction through the air box anyway just with an upgraded filter.
Mine needs to be fully stripped again and then new cage fitted, Windows etc etc so we will see what class I end up in!

Yeah I mean you can't piss about in class A, gotta splash out on diff and bodies [emoji16]

Think I'll save that money and spend it on entry and license for the year, and extinguisher and protective clothing etc.

The list contours, well all I can say is merry Christmas's and good luck with your build.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@Mash.
Yeah the list just keeps growing, I went to watch the clios at Oulton this year and they were lapping ok 1.58/1.59 running 230 bhp :(
Oulton park is my local and I lap that is 2.06/2.08 and I find that is quick compared to other clios!!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
1.57's :wink: be interested to see what times the class E cars will do compared to the class F car that I'm building for next year.
Russ

@Mash.
Yeah the list just keeps growing, I went to watch the clios at Oulton this year and they were lapping ok 1.58/1.59 running 230 bhp 😧
Oulton park is my local and I lap that is 2.06/2.08 and I find that is quick compared to other clios!!

2:01 for me at the end of the 2014 season, didn't race Oulton in 2015 at all.

That was with a totally standard engine, but with AST's and a diff.