ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Xbox 360s at home

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Anyone else got 2 Xbox 360s? Is it correct that you can only sign in to one at a time? (Independantly) Not too bothered because I'm just going to move the main HDD around with me when I play, but if I want a quick game on the secondary machine I take it I just need to make a second LIVE gamertag.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I have 3. You can leave gamercard on each machine, it should update itself when you connect to live, but you won't have any of the game saves unless you swap the hdd to the correct one. I don't understand why you would need to sign in on two xboxs at once though? Surely you can only play one at a time?

Personally I have a hdd in each machine and just have my gamercard on a memory card then just plug it into whichever machine I'm using.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
All I want to be able to do is sign-in on either machine at once (i.e not at the same time) so I could play online on either machine without needing to switch the hdds. However, it seems I can only have my LIVE gamertag sign-in registered on one HDD at a time.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Have you tried copying it across so it's on both hard drives? Or recovering it through xbox live on the console without it if you dont have anything to transfer with.

Might be worth investing in a mem card if not, much easier to just move that than keep having to swap hdds

I have all cosoles set to log in auto with my gamercard so just plug it into any and turn on and I'm signed in

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've ordered the transfer kit, but my understanding is that moves rather than copies.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I had my gamer profile on my original Xbox, I then bought the Elite and recovered the gamertag to it, the original Xbox then wouldn't sign the profile in.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
You cannot have your profile stored on multiple devices at once, if you receover your profile to a new hard drive, it means that profile cannot be signed in from on any other machine. You either need to simply swap the hard drive, or store your profile on a memory card, downside to that is you wont have all your gamesaves....

Ph 1 172
I've ordered the transfer kit, but my understanding is that moves rather than copies.

yeah it moves all the data and it can only be moved once so you cant shift it back to the original hard drive. you can have the same xbox live account on another xbox but you cant be signed in on both of them at the same time under the same user name.

and good luck waiting for the transfer kit from microsoft i ordered mine when i got my elite nearly 6months ago and still waiting and every email i et i keep getting told its in transit lol

Ph 1 172
^ great flol

your best bet if you want a transfer cable is ebay mate youw ill have when within days then...thats how i got mine.... although if you have two xboxs just get another hard drive and if you only use one to play online gaming then use that when just to hold your user account information thats what i do