ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 q's on detailing (ish)

Was a 197
first thing is that i would like to clean my engine bay as it looks like a mud fight has gone on under there, would a pressure washer, covering up the induction kit do the trick as i know that water in an engine is not the best thing that could happen

also my k&n is filthy, i know u can get the cleaning stuff for them, but would cillit bang degreaser be any good on it as it would work out cheaper

LY V6 with Recaros
I cleaned mine a while back with Autoglym engine and machine cleaner, and ag vinyl and rubber care. I didn't rinse it with water though, i just cleaned it off with a damp cloth as I didn't know what bits could get wet!

Was a 197
thanks deb, im in the same boat as u then, a trip to fraudsters of hal for some of that stuff u said,

also nice pic deb (i'm not talking about the car)

Mito Sportiva 135
I have pressure washed plenty of engine bays before and none have broken in any way. Key is not to aim at any componenets. I normally just use it to clean the edges and the fabric on the underside of the bonnet itself. You can then, standing a few feet back, give a light spray over the engine components to rinse off any products you have put on there.

Having said this, I have heard of engine cleaning going wrong, so I wouldn't recommend it using a jet spray unless you are confident in what you are doing.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its just best not to do it to be honest, there is no reason why you can't clean the engine with the same, if not better results by hand.

Was a 197
oky doky oky, i'll do it by my hands and see wots happens.

wot about my other question regarding cleaning the induction kit

Mito Sportiva 135
thanks deb, im in the same boat as u then, a trip to fraudsters of hal for some of that stuff u said,

I see what you mean! And I thought all the girls on this site were chavs or Tom-boys... how wrong I was!

It feels inappropriate to do any sharking on this forum though... but on the general forum, you will no doubt feel the predators circling by your ankles! ;)

I see what you mean! And I thought all the girls on this site were chavs or Tom-boys... how wrong I was!

It feels inappropriate to do any sharking on this forum though... but on the general forum, you will no doubt feel the predators circling by your ankles! ;)

pmsl .....forget her ankles have you seen her b**bs ....:rasp:
anyway back on topic , the autogylm engine and machine cleaner used with a brush to get into those stubborn areas and hard to reach ones , then as debs said wiped off with a damp cloth will work wonders , ppl will recommend a good steam clean but i'm always worried about the electrics etc .

Mito Sportiva 135

pmsl .....forget her ankles have you seen her b**bs ....:rasp:
anyway back on topic , the autogylm engine and machine cleaner used with a brush to get into those stubborn areas and hard to reach ones , then as debs said wiped off with a damp cloth will work wonders , ppl will recommend a good steam clean but i'm always worried about the electrics etc .

Yeh can be a bit nerve racking, especially on already weak Renault build! Would personally stick to the AG Engine Cleaner with a brush and light hose rinse off.

LY V6 with Recaros

I'm not a chav or a tomboy! :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135

I'm not a chav or a tomboy! :eek:

I can clearly see that from your fashionable attire and natural looking tan (as opposed to a bright orange one!) and lack of oversized hoop earings!

It was intended as a compliment...congratulations on having good genes. Natural selection works wonders... :cool:

LY V6 with Recaros
Lol, the photo was taken on holiday which is why I'm tanned. And thanks, I'm glad I don't look like a chav, lol!

Mito Sportiva 135
yeah it was meant as a compliment debs, u r far from a chav as u can get

I would say that being a member of Royalty was probably the furthest away... but Debs is definitely sufficiently far away to make me pleased to be a man.

She did win the Fittest Member of CS I started a while ago too if I recall correctly, there was this rough girl who was trying for Miss UK or something who "graciously" conceeded, which was good as I don't think she got a vote!

Was a 197
anyway, back to topic, cheers all of u rich, brand, kully, gareth (did i forget somebody)......................................................................................
...................oh of course thanks to the lovely debs