ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Days in Germany

Decided to hop over to Germany for Easter on the cheap to get away from it all for a little while, had a superb time, gorgeous weather and was surprised at how pretty much of it is (never been before), stayed in Koblenz and visited Berg Eltz and Cochem...all not too far from the 'Ring, incase you're wondering roughly where we were (which also meant seeing loads of amazing cars)

The gorgeous weather didn't translate into good photographic weather, 25c+ and very very hazy with lots of mist patches, so struggled to get much in the way of decent shots, but here goes...

Berg Eltz
512378124_vvjrr-L.jpg

512374793_47a4s-L.jpg

512387615_utD7L-L.jpg

512390408_GYfB8-L.jpg

Cochem
512393452_hkDSk-L.jpg

512396678_WhZor-L.jpg

Koblenz
512402299_2smef-L.jpg

512408577_pZHBt-L.jpg

512403696_xSm9E-L.jpg

512406266_r4CFe-L.jpg

Home Time (delayed due to mist, got home at 2am this morning!)
512405209_Eeumw-L.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i always love your threads mate.

Every picture you take is awesome! would love to have talent like that :cool:

Nice shots Chris.

The German architecture is generally pretty interesting especially some of the old German Burgs.

Ian

Focus TDCi
You had me a bit confused by these photos, Chris! I thought my laptop screen musn't be showing the colours correctly, but then I re-read the post and I see that it was hazy. It's a shame because they look like good photos and and interesting location too; just a bit down on clarity. How are you feeling now dude?

You had me a bit confused by these photos, Chris! I thought my laptop screen musn't be showing the colours correctly, but then I re-read the post and I see that it was hazy. It's a shame because they look like good photos and and interesting location too; just a bit down on clarity. How are you feeling now dude?

Yup shame about the pics, but it was more of a break than a photography trip so not too bothered in that respect. Could probably edit some life into them but that sort of thing bores me to tears, so they are staying as they are.

Still ill, unfortunately. Back into hospital in two weeks, thankfully I got through the weekend without any trouble.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yup shame about the pics, but it was more of a break than a photography trip so not too bothered in that respect. Could probably edit some life into them but that sort of thing bores me to tears, so they are staying as they are.

Still ill, unfortunately. Back into hospital in two weeks, thankfully I got through the weekend without any trouble.

Aye it's good to get away and not have to worry about things once in a while, looking forward to finishing uni for that very reason. I think it probably is partly down to my laptop as well, didn't realise how different the colours were til I had it next to my monitor yesterday.. white just isn't white on it.

Glad you got through the weekend without your illness flaring up, can't be easy. Hope things start looking up with regard to that as soon as possible. :)

I think it probably is partly down to my laptop as well, didn't realise how different the colours were til I had it next to my monitor yesterday.. white just isn't white on it.

Here's an unprocessed shot, not sure if there is actually much that can be done when it's that bad...

512441838_dvkDL-L.jpg

Nice ;) Bloody hot though so can't grumble.

That castle looks immense!!!!

It's almost unreal, just appears out of nowhere in this big valley. iirc it's the only one never to have been taken or damaged during the various wars and stuff, mainly because it's virtually impossible to find.

We went in but unfortunately no pics were allowed inside.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Amazing pictures, the castle looks like the one used in 'Just Married'.

Was the D90 set on vivid mode? Grass looks a little vivid.

Cracking pictures as always though.

Was the D90 set on vivid mode? Grass looks a little vivid.

Yup, accidently left it on Vivid (and LO 1.0 ISO, but that doesn't seem to have had a negative effect thankfully), settings now corrected to normal defaults ready for whatever I photograph next ;)

I checked on the Just Married thing when I got back, that was in Austria apparently :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Ar right, looks similar. I did the vivid thing when I went to Whitby a few weekends ago. I just lowered the green saturation in Lightroom, seems to do the trick.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Another cracking set.
Berg Eltz looks amazing (JJ could do another tilt shift on this one!)

Awesome pics as always mate!

Think we need to meet up so you can teach me a few things with my D50 :)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
^Sounds like a good idea^

How about Chris does a master class on photography and we PAY him for a lesson?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Had a look at these in large on Flickr, I'd recommend it, really brings out the details. :)