ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 xenons/hids into 172 cup

172 cup
Ive had a good scroll through the topics but couldn't find anything, plus not sure where the search button is in tapatalk. [emoji23]

Is it possible to just simply install 182 xenons headlights and xenons onto a 2002 172 cup?

I believe the normal connector on a 172 is a H7, is this still the case on the 182?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks [emoji106]

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They do indeed just bolt in exactly as your current ones, all plugs/connectors are the same too.

You may have issues come MOT time as technically xenons need an auto adjuster and headlamp washers to pass an MOT, however this is all down to the person carrying out said test.

If it were me I'd personally keep the old headlights if you decide to change to xenons, at least then you can refit the originals should any issues arise

Ads

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
You will be fine for an MOT mate.

As 172 cups don't have headlamp washers anyway there's nothing for an MOT tester to fail. You can only have a fail regarding to headlamp washers if they are fitted, but not working.

Just get the headlamps manually adjusted at a garage with a beam setter, and you'll be fine!