ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Tyre Pressures.

Hi, the handbook says 30 PSI for the rear tyres and 33 PSI for the front tyres. Is this correct as my car was in at the dealers as it was pulling to the right. I checked the pressures before the car went in and they were 30PSI rear, 33 PSI front. After they had the car for 3 days they told me they could find no fault ( Again ). I then checked the tyre pressures only to find the pressures were as follows: Rear driver 33, Rear passenger 34, Front Passenger 33.5, front Driver 34.

It looks as though the garage has messed around with the pressures to get the car to drive straight!

I need to be sure what the correct pressures should be before I take this further.

Thanks.

Yaris Hybrid

Be careful with pressures.

Obviously dont check them just after driving as the tyres will be hot and the pressures higher.

However they can get heated up in other ways. I found the pressures on one side of my car were slightly different due to it being parked with one side facing the sun!If you pump your tyres up on a freezing cold day and check the pressure a week later when its warmer you will find that the pressure has gone up.

Unlikely that your rears would get hot enough to increase in pressure and the fronts stay the same though! Everytime I get my car back from a garage I check the pressures and they are always miles out! I bought an expensive pressure guage because I wondered if mine was faulty but nope the garages were in the wrong.