ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 sidelights

Clio 172PH2
Just bought myself a pair of silvervisions from www.powerbulbs.co.uk, fitted them this afternoon, in the pack i got a free set of Philips Blue Vision W5W sidelight bulbs!

I found the indicatior bulbs change easy, but the side lights lol waht a joke! Not only was it a tight fit but i couldnt bloody remove the old side light bulb to swap it!

Any1 got any tips? Also if your planning on changing to silvervisions you should check out the deal on powerbulbs.co.uk!

Cheers

I got the silvervision indicator bulbs about 1 month ago and they do look better also got the h7s full beam and got the free side lights the driver side one was the most time consuming i found that if you take the plastic cover off the top of the engine you have a bit more room just look foward to some scratches on your hand or find someone with small hands just dont touch the bulb i used some paper towel to hold them they are worth it just dont give up .Match the Xenon well good luck:)

Clio 172PH2
cheers for that ye ill take tomorrow to do it, hopefully it wont b fuc*in raining and sleeting all day again thats another pain in the rear! Either way cheers for the info

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Or even better, do what i did, I got my girlfriend to do it as she's got little hands and only took her a a few seconds to do it lol. I scratched my hands to fook tryin to get down there!

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Get LED sidelights and it don't matter if you touch them!! Looks good too - same colour as my Xenons...

Clio 172PH2
i've given up on the bulb change for time being cant get my hand in there :9 oh well guess ill wait till they need replacing now!

SLK 350
I did mine the other day mate, took me a lot of pissing about but its not too bad given some patience:

1. Take off the rubber cover (flat blade screwdriver).
2. Remove the main beam's by twisting and removing the bulb from cluster.
3. Now the sidelight should be a little more exposed, gently grab the wires leading to the sidelight and pull back toward engine.
4. Pull the bulb out of holder and slide new bulb in.
5. The rest is again fiddly, but its easy enough to fit them back in with persuasion.

Need a good torch on it and some long nose pliers might help you.