ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 matched inlet manifold.

clio 172 cup
Where can i get a matched 182 inlet manifold for my 172 cup? Or does it cost much to have mine delipped. Any decent places in midlands?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
182 inlet won't fit a 172 cup. You will need to get your 172 inlet matched or buy 172 inlets already matched.

172 cup
sorry to thread hijack a moment, new to the cliosports, just purchased a 172cup. please could somone elaborate on this mod and what you mean by matched, be much appreciated.

(sorry op :) )

clio 172 cup
I'm in atherstone near tamworth/coventry.

sorry to thread hijack a moment, new to the cliosports, just purchased a 172cup. please could somone elaborate on this mod and what you mean by matched, be much appreciated.

(sorry op :) )

The 182 gets it's extra 10 ps from a different back box on the exhaust and a chamfered inlet manifold. The lip has been removed so it matches the head and so the air flows better. Nice mod to gain a few horses with a map.

monaco 172
I'm in atherstone near tamworth/coventry.

The 182 gets it's extra 10 ps from a different back box on the exhaust and a chamfered inlet manifold. The lip has been removed so it matches the head and so the air flows better. Nice mod to gain a few horses with a map.

The 182 has a completely different exhaust manifold, not just a different back box.

clio 172 cup
Oh right didnt know the exhaust manifold was different. I'll add that to themod list lol. These pricey?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh right didnt know the exhaust manifold was different. I'll add that to themod list lol. These pricey?
Depends where you look mate. Usually anything from £60 to £120 generally. You want the RS stamped lower half of the manifold as well. What year is your cup? Some of the late 53 plates had them fitted from the factory you see.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Strip the rear and lose a few kg's and you'll get the same gains in performance. It really is that small. It's why I've left mine alone. I may match the inlet myself one day. There's enough info on here and I've matched inlets on other cars before. I always run 2 up on track if I wanted to go faster I'd just kick my Dad out :p

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
There is an issue with the standard map holding back the proper fuel mixture in the mid range so gains can be had. Not massive though.