ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance? (i have tried a search)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry guys i have searched and it brought up threads from 2007.

Who's the best to try? My current insurer will not cover them. I have a quote from Admiral for £550.00 but wondered where else is worth a try?

Thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Loads of current threads! Just need to look harder :p

I would recommend trying:

Brentacre
Adrian Flux
Greenlight

Use those guys as a benchmark.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Aviva for me this year. 50% cheaper than everywhere else I tried for my Focus.

RB 182
I'm with Admiral.

I could have maybe got it a little bit cheaper through a Broker but got ripped off when I had to cancel a policy I had through Sky insurance so avoid them like the plague. (well at least if there is a possibility you might cancel or change car)

I'm 23 with 5 years NCB, with my GF on it who is 21 and has an SP30 and I paid £630 FC.

I tried flux and they couldnt get anywhere near that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well im just awaiting Brentacre to get back to me but he said he doesnt think it'll be near what Admiral have offered.

Im 26 (almost 27). 3 years no claims, no accidents or points. License for 9 years etc.

RB 182
Admiral are pretty good IMO, i havent had to claim yet but they have always been fair with refunds / changes to the policy and you can normally haggle over any changes too.

MR2 Mk1.5
I'm with Admiral.

I could have maybe got it a little bit cheaper through a Broker but got ripped off when I had to cancel a policy I had through Sky insurance so avoid them like the plague. (well at least if there is a possibility you might cancel or change car)

Hi,

our cancellation rates are in line with our competitors and are verbally disclosed to you and sent in writing to you upon policy inception, if we have cancelled outside of the terms and conditions you were made aware of, please let me know by PM and I will investigate.

Thanks

RB 182
Hi,

our cancellation rates are in line with our competitors and are verbally disclosed to you and sent in writing to you upon policy inception, if we have cancelled outside of the terms and conditions you were made aware of, please let me know by PM and I will investigate.

Thanks

I paid £650 for a policy cancelled it 2 months later and just under £300 back. I'm not saying its not in your T&C's. I'm just advising the OP to go elsewhere because of my experiences.

I am however positive that no one verbally disclosed the cancellation policy to me when I took it out (wouldn't really expect them to in all honesty). I did question why I was getting less than half back after 2 months and was told I had to pay for the insurance I had used (as expected), 2 cancellation fees, an admin fee and obviously I wouldn't be refunded Sky's commission for setting up the policy. My refund also took over 6 weeks to arrive which is why I'm advising the OP avoid a broker.

Have had no problems cancelling policies with Admiral and Swiftcover before - infact swiftcover didn't even charge a cancellation fee as they couldn't insure me when I changed car.

Sorry to take the thread off topic.

Last edited: