ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Bolt on diff plate

Ph2 172
Hi all i was wondering if anyone has an old 182 diff lying around that has the bolt on retention plate. As i am after the plate so that i can retro fit it to my diff, the thought of the circlip popping is never far away when i'm at various sprints and hillclimbs.
I am aware that you can get one off ebay but the renault designed item is a known quantity plus i'm a tight Scotsman and like a bit of scrapyard engineering on my competition cars.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You need to find a jc5 130 gearbox mate. They're the ones with a bolt in plate.

I don't have any spare as I use them to upgrade the 172 boxes/non plate boxes.

Oh and they're not quite a 'retrofit' mate. You need to machine the diff.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I have a 172 'cup' gearbox that is speedo drive, but has the bolted diff - has this been added on then?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have a 172 'cup' gearbox that is speedo drive, but has the bolted diff - has this been added on then?
Yes 100% without a shadow of doubt. Or someone's fitted a 182 diff/renfort off eBay. Have you used it yet? If yes, does it whine/howl? This would indicate that they've only swapped the crownwheel and not the pinion if it does.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Not fitted - I was meaning to drop it down to you and give it a once over!

Ph2 172
Thanks for the replies, will see what i can find in my local breakers as long as they don't get upset with me stripping driveshafts off to get to what i need.

Yup i'm aware of the wee bit extra work to get them to fit.