ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18 months of ph1 ownership

corsa ecoflex
In easter of 2008 i finally disovered what a 172 felt like to drive,so after a week searching ebay and autotrader i found this little gem..

P3260050.jpg

P3260052.jpg

It was local to me and in my budget of 2k..so i went and had a look and snapped her up straight away,ideally i was looking for a ph2 but couldnt find one this cheap..ok so she had a few dinks and high miles but she came with shed loads of history and she was mine..

A week later the rad burst so out came the wallet and £175 lighter i had her all fixed and running again..

A few months past and so i set about giving her a little makeover with some silvervisions and a set of ph2 rear lights and a set of ph2 alloys

094.jpg

116.jpg

Then one weekend i got a call from couzens to say there was a ph1 in his local scrapyard that had a decent bonnet as mine had loads of dents in,so of i went to have a look and got a real shock when i got there,it was an ally bonnet and cost me only £60 with a few other bits

117.jpg

By this time summer was here and i was going to a few meets with jamestone(jms)and noticed that the handling was seriously poor at the rear but i stuck with it until i nearly rear ended james on evening on the shires meet..so i decided i needed new rear shocks,so with the help of james we changed them over..

P5290156.jpg

P5290161.jpg

All was now good but i felt i needed more power so i went to see jamestone and got a remap done,then headed down to surrey rolling road to get her sorted..so with saner and 22 others already having their cars on the rollers it was my turn,i was expecting much seeing as my baby had done 102k by this time,so when the results came up on the screens i was in disbelief..177.2bhp

120.jpg

118.jpg

So autumn was fast approaching so i decided one more little mod had to be done this was in the form of a seat cupra front splitter that i got of couzens..

002-1.jpg

By this time i was racking up the miles and was now on 105k but still my little clio was going well and was due for a service..

Winter came and went so the little clio didnt see much action other than a few washes and attending a few meets..

Then in may came the oppotunity to get a set of vmaxx coilovers that ive always wanted but couldnt afford,so after what felt like eternity they finally arrived and got them all fitted and set up

076.jpg

So here we are today and the clio has now covered nearly 109k and still going strong..so whats next on the agenda i hear you say..well ive just got hold of a ph2 dash,bumpstrips and bullets so fingers crossed they will be going on sometime over the next month

thanks for taking time to read my little write up..i now its not as good as others on here but this is all i could manage:)

And for anyone thinking of getting a ph1,go for it..

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
good work, i like threads like this, ph1 are by far the best looking, grown on me so much.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Good little write up :) my ph1 is on 115k and still goes well so i'm sure it'll be good for a lot more miles yet. I hope you keep enjoying it.

corsa ecoflex
Im liking the f1's again so when a decent set comes up again in my budget i will probably go back to them..although saying that the car sits nicely on the ph2's since i had it lowered

corsa ecoflex
thought id do a little update....

the car is now on 113k and going reaaly well...back in december i got all the belts done along with a new water pump and dephaser..The new year came along and so did the snow which ripped of the front splitter so that sanother job to do...as of lately ive been busy on the car,a few weeks ago i got these from paul16v and fitted them in less than an hour

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

heres what they look like after dark i went with 8k bulbs and they do look very good

022.jpg

so then next up was a mild steel stealth exhaust from ktec,still not sure about it yet as it hangs quite low.so i might change it yet for a recessed exhaust..also i got a bmc cda from robbos(photos to follow)and finally got round to fitted the colour coded door handles

and then yesterday i mot'd her at work and slightly raised her:)

003-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

next up is to get the bumpstrips and bullets painted and then detailed..hope you like the pics i will get some more up tomorrow

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
how much you lowered it on the vmaxx's? how much did it cost to buy and fit them?

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looking good mate, what's next? Really do like the Cupra splitter, what model is that from, is it old shape Leon Cupra r? 100k+ club for the win!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks really nice mate, the ph2 wheels (when they're clean) really suit it actually. I'm quite suprised.

Wish I could find a perfect bonnet in a scrappy somewhere, may have to get on the hunt....

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Really needs to be back on the f1's for me!

Rest is all goooood :)

320d
Nice car. Get the F1 Cups back on though, they're a big part of what makes the ph1's look much better than ph2's.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get the f1's refurbed.

It'll look like a totally different beast when dropped on them.

corsa ecoflex
***UPDATE***

So this morning i decided to have a go at polishing my fuel rail gaurd,so at 10.30 i started and have now finally finished...i really is a tough job to do but well worth the pain.

before

004-2.jpg

during

006-4.jpg

finished

009-1.jpg

so tomorrow i will put the finishing touches to it and make a start on the plenum