ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17''wheels HELP

hi im thinking of buying MOMO CORSE 17'' BLACK/CHROME LIP. alloy wheels and tyres for my clio...its a dynamique..1.2 16v....2002
will they fit??...i have no idea what im doing wiv wheels n tyres n sizing n them rubbing n all that ... du i need spacers n what exactly do i need size wise...
thanks in advance...jak

also..where to buy them from? best prices?....please help...thanks

heres a pic of the wheels: http://www.sts-rengaspalvelu.fi/images/vanteet/MOMO_CORSE_BLACK.JPG

Imo they look awful, for a jap car they'd look ok, but not on a clio.

You can put 17's on your car yeah, but most folk don't go for it, they tend to go for 16's instead, at the end of the day it depends what your after really, if you want looks go for smaller wheels, if you want to scrub some speed off the car, go for bigger ones.

17's will fit, just tell the suppliers it's a mk2 clio and they should supply the correct offset and centre bore for the car. It'll be a set of 7jx17 wheels with 205.40.17 tyres, they'll probably give you an offset of ET37, they wont rub unless you go silly low. My advice though would be to go no bigger than 16" on a mk2. 17's are a s**t drive.

how old r u lot anyways??? im 18!! thats probz the reason me and evry1 ive shown finks they luk amazin??
really of puttin now tho...... i really wantd em...i wer guna hav em 4 ma bday...:dapprove:

I am 27, there are much nicer looking ones out there for the money tbh, but at the end of the day it's your choice.

One thing I will say though, do not buy from halfords, you will get a much better deal from a different suppplier (online)

vers le haut doigt milieu
Your 17's will be ok, ignore the V6 owner who has 17"'s on his Clio saying that Clio's don't suit those wheels (Love u really v6now just couldn't help but point that out). Before I had my wider wheels when cornering on bumpy roads the car would skip about now it seems to hold the road with allot more confidence and ability. Granted on a smooth track (not the nurburgring as that has lots of bumps) a Clio with 16"'s will run rings round one with 17"s as the back wheel is aloud to c**k. But ur driving on the road and I do assume with a 1.2 your not gonna be doing many track days. This time last year it was all about the 17" wheels on ur clios but now the general consensus is to fit space savers and drive with ur car scraping along the ground. This is my car it has 17"s on it, I didn't buy the wheels until after I had it lowered and the cup spoiler put on but I just couldn't bring myself to put/leave 16"'s on as they would/did look undersized.

Last edited:
Your 17's will be ok, ignore the V6 owner who has 17"'s on his Clio saying that Clio's don't suit those wheels (Love u really v6now just couldn't help but point that out). Before I had my wider wheels when cornering on bumpy roads the car would skip about now it seems to hold the road with allot more confidence and ability. Granted on a smooth track (not the nurburgring as that has lots of bumps) a Clio with 16"'s will run rings round one with 17"s as the back wheel is aloud to c**k. But ur driving on the road and I do assume with a 1.2 your not gonna be doing many track days. This time last year it was all about the 17" wheels on ur clios but now the general consensus is to fit space savers and drive with ur car scraping along the ground. This is my car it has 17"s on it, I didn't buy the wheels until after I had it lowered and the cup spoiler put on but I just couldn't bring myself to put/leave 16"'s on as they would/did look undersized.

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1167056&id=651286492

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1167057&id=651286492

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1167064&id=651286492

Alot of the older/long term members on here did the 17" thing years ago and learned the hard way, myself included. On my 02 plate 172 I fitted 17's after the coilovers, the change up didnt initially seem too bad. However when I took the things off you could tell there was a massive improvement from going back to 16" wheels. It's not a trend, the reason people bang on about 16's is the simple fact that they are far superior to 17's.

funny fing bowt all this is...just out of interest i posted the same fing on the corsa c forum...people on ther think it lluks fine, very smart but cud du wiv lowering!!
im stuck!, evry1 i no ses go 4 it.. all u lot say dont...wud 16's really luk a lot smaller?

the turini looks ok I have seen loads of clios with them and it does suit but I prefer my wheels alot more. Sorry mate I dont have msn.

330i. E30 Touring.
You're taking advice from someone on Corsa C?! ;)

Seriously though, 16" would look better with a subtle drop, IMO.

The momo wheels just look a bit halfords... a bit chavvy.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
You're taking advice from someone on Corsa C?! ;)

Seriously though, 16" would look better with a subtle drop, IMO.

The momo wheels just look a bit halfords... a bit chavvy.

I was thinking the same! Corsas have crap chassis, regardless of what size wheels they have. Corsaboys bang 17s on purely for looks. (Although, the phrase 'You can't polish a turd' applies here..) Half of them have no clue about what handling even is...

Your 17's will be ok, ignore the V6 owner who has 17"'s on his Clio saying that Clio's don't suit those wheels (Love u really v6now just couldn't help but point that out).
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1167056&id=651286492
Charming :rolleyes:

Imo your car doesn't look that good on the 17's. They look way too big for the car.

Alot of the older/long term members on here did the 17" thing years ago and learned the hard way, myself included. On my 02 plate 172 I fitted 17's after the coilovers, the change up didnt initially seem too bad. However when I took the things off you could tell there was a massive improvement from going back to 16" wheels. It's not a trend, the reason people bang on about 16's is the simple fact that they are far superior to 17's.

I'm with you there fella :) Youngsters eh ?? ;)

but 16"s are too small for the look I wanted, why dont they make 16.5!