ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 wheel and tyre combo opinions

Clio 172 51
Hi all, did my first track day yesterday at Bedford Autodrome in a borrowed williams as my own 172 has unresolved pulley issues.....the car was pretty lively but with shocking handling....standard 15" williams wheels with yoko parada tyres just wasn't doing it so swapped over to a spare set of later clio 15" alloys just so as not to destroy his tyres..... my question is regarding my 172, I have a spare set of 17" wheels, 15" wheels and the original 16" 172 wheels.....what's best suited for track day use (zero road use) in which size, car has been lowered about 40mm I believe. .... opinions much appreciated

Most use 15s as tyres are cheaper, paradas are awful even on the road, I use 888s and love them, also look at Federal rsr or nankang ns2r, bit cheaper and pretty good if on a budget

Clio 172 51
I've browsed a few sites for prices and the 16s seem dearer than 17s.....is cost the only reason as I assumed would have more width and less sidewall on 17s so therfore better handling....minimal difference between 195 50 15 and 205 40 17 bearing in mind not worried about speedo being a tad out