ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 or 182 Sport wanted for ITV prgramme shoot

M reg Micra ;)
Dear ClubSport members,

I wonder if you might be able to help me.

My name is Tom Maguire and I am writing from an ITV programme called Used Car Roadshow. We are currently in production for the third series of the show, which starts transmitting on ITV4 next Wed 18th April.

Within the show we are hoping to do an item on the Clio, more specifically either a 172 or a 182 Sport model. Our presenter, Jason Dawe, has asked me to source one of these (as unmodded as possible) to act as a visual aid for the item.

So, I thought I might be able to raise a little interest through the website forum.

We are filming this coming Sunday 15th at our studio in Leeds, so if anyone out there can make on this date, that would be ace, but, failing that, we will be recording shows right up until the end of the summer so any interest expressed will be greatly appreciated.

For the purposes of the show we will only be shooting it in a static set-up, i.e. we will not need to drive it around anywhere.

Is this something that you think you can help me with? If it is, you can contact me directly on the details below and we can take it from there. We are also quite flexible as to what year it is on.

I have also posted this request on the ClubClio forum and the FrenchSports forum as well, but have had no luck so far.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,

Tom Maguire
Researcher
T: 0113 262 3342 F: 0113 262 3798
E: tom.maguire@daisybeck.tv
W: www.daisybeck.tv

Daisybeck Productions
Elite Television House, 248 Meanwood Road, Leeds, LS7 2HZ

172 Cup
Welcome to CS Tom.

I'm amazed no-one from those sites was able to help but I'm sure you'll have no end of offers from our members.

M reg Micra ;)
My bad! I meant to post the Sunday 22nd!! Sorry about that...

We had a shoot on the 15th, so just getting my dates muddled.

Apologies,

Tom Maguire

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Hi guys, spoken to Tom and im taking my new 172 cup down to the studio, ill let you know how it goes!! :p

Give me a shout if any other members go!

a thirsty one
i just offered them my 182 sport would be nice to see a clio RS on the used car roadshow, if anyone hears when it will be screened would be good to post up.

M reg Micra ;)
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have managed to source a nice example of a 172 Cup from one of your members. Not too sure who it specifically was as I received an email directly from him, but it may be fuel_slut. Spoke with him yesterday afternoon and got it all lined up.

I'd like to thank you all for your comments and pointers. Greatly appreciated! If we ever need another example of a Clio for later in the series (or next series, if we get re-commissioned again!) I hope that we could get in touch with you all again.

All the best, and, again, thanks!

Tom Maguire
Used Car Roadshow III

I used to watch this show on men and motors, then for some reason men and motors dropped out of freeview. Glad to see it's going to be back on freeview, albeit on ITV4. Any chance of Pinks being shown ITV 4 too??

Oh I hope Penny Mallory is still on there. Lush.

M reg Micra ;)
Oh I hope Penny Mallory is still on there. Lush.

Yes, Penny's still presenting with Jason Dawe. I will be sure to pass on your compliments when I see her this Sunday! lol

ps. be sure to tune in tonight to catch the first episode of Used Car Roadshow series 3 on ITV4 @ 19:00.

Cheers!

Racing Blue 182
went to this yesterday, met the owner of the clio cup aswell

It was a long day, but seemed to go quite well. The guy was buying a porsche!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah me and jon got a special invite aparenly... he just didnt sign onto FSC to read him pms....

oh bollox, this is on here too :S I never noticed it here either... oops...

ah well, maybe next time... still waiting on Zollo for my mag feature too! lol

williams and trophy
lol..like id know that lol.

no rust on my williams ;)

try gettin urs to a strip/track then it can be deemed quick in its own right.....no need for mag features to announce that it should be ;)

lol, yeah fair point... you should just come on a peaks run with some of my mates near me then Jon, it's better with less cars anyway tbh...

doesn't need to go to Pod or on track to know its quick, but I'll be deffo going on track, still got this bollox credit thing to use... and besides, features are good, free food is the deal killer!

williams and trophy
remember the free food at chobham??

rest my case lol

mag features for pussies whos cars are almost ready for sale ;)

real quick uns are reknowned for it without the features.

...hmm, good point... food was warm butties left in the back of an SUV in 30+ degree heat... think all I got to quench my thirst all day was a pack of monster munch! :rasp:

I'm not planning on selling mine... if anything re-shelling

williams and trophy
u got the monster munch......yoyu b*****d lol. all i got was the bottle of water that was heated up to 60 deg or summat daft lol