ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"172" motorway MPG

172 Cup
This has probably come up many times, recently purchased a 172 and im really surprised / pleased at the MPG returns i got last night on an airport run, 60-70mph 5th gear returned on average 38 - 40mpg, highest reading was 40.9 i didnt expect anything near that!

172 Cup
argh an i thought mine was good lol, i was trying to edge it along nicely trying to get it higher all the way home.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Low 40's is pretty easy going on the motorway for 172's.

Even crusing at 90, will still return 35mpg and thats more than the Megane at 70.

172 Cup
i never expected anything near these figures, mt Old Punto GT at 70 - 80 was returning 27mpg, so to get between 35 - 41 is a vast improvement. im well chuffed.

46 the day I picked it up drove back up the M1 at 70 to Northampton services then decided what could get out of it with a play with a 106gti and when got back to Leicester obliterated a Zetec S Fiesta and pulled on my drive with 43.3! Oh happy days!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
45.6 all the way back from Warrington after the NW Wales run last month.....had to make up for the epic ragging it got the night before trying to keep ahead of Joey's DC5.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I get about 27MPG Leeds to Birmingham. Only takes 1 hour 25 min's which may have an impact.

Monaco RS Clio 172
42mpg average at 70 in 5th for a distance. I average 40mpg if I am determined to save juice. but I wouldn't say it's granny driving as such, just changing at 3k with light throttle. always upto 70 at least.

the last couple of weeks however, my average mpg has dropped significantly, to more like 27-30mpg lol

getting used to it I think :d