ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 MKII to 172 MKII Cup (cool pics)

MKIII 138

is it worth it, i think they look the nuts and my 172 is ice silver which is a great colour but too common and the diddy spoiler and no spliter better wheels, i always feel a bit lesser when i see someone in a shinny waxed up Cup..

would it be stupid to swap considering i could sell the 172 and buy a cup with no loss in money. f**k the abs issue il just take my chances ive been mussing over this issue for a while, as long as its got the A/C i rekon that will be ok. surley the economy will be better as its 80kgs lighter also.

any thoughts.. i dont want a 182 i think the exhausts and for some reason the image isnt as good as the cups but i may be wrong.

btw.. whats this ??? http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=cup&keywords=air+con&min_pr=5000&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=yo8+9lf&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=8&distance=252&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200525197506600strange coloured cup thingy

[Edited by meggerman]

[Edited by meggerman on 21 August 2005 at 1:42pm]

Nippy white cup

Lol Thats never even been near a cup m8! Looks like a Blue 172...half leather, air con, abs etc. And some new lights called Zenons lol

Chris

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 21 August 2005

is it worth it, i think they look the nuts and my 172 is ice silver which is a great colour but too common and the diddy spoiler and no spliter better wheels, i always feel a bit lesser when i see someone in a shinny waxed up Cup..

would it be stupid to swap considering i could sell the 172 and buy a cup with no loss in money. f**k the abs issue il just take my chances ive been mussing over this issue for a while, as long as its got the A/C i rekon that will be ok. surley the economy will be better as its 80kgs lighter also.

any thoughts.. i dont want a 182 i think the exhausts and for some reason the image isnt as good as the cups but i may be wrong.

btw.. whats this ??? http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=cup&keywords=air+con&min_pr=5000&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=yo8+9lf&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=8&distance=252&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200525197506600strange coloured cup thingy

[Edited by meggerman]

[Edited by meggerman on 21 August 2005 at 1:42pm]
A 172 cup hasnt got air con. Unless you get one of the silver ones that come with climate control. But you said you didnt want silver any more as it is too common.

You would be better off just buying a cup splitter, putting the cup / v6 spoiler on, and buying some turinis. Unless the colour really does bother you that much.

The one in the auto trader isnt a cup. It didnt come in that colour and it has got half leather and air con etc.

MKIII 138

nah i want the colour and the light weight + better handling more than air con TBH.

just wanted to know peoples thoughts.. as i wouldnt be "stepping up" to a 182 as i cant afford one right now and i could basically swap my 172 for a cup.. which is as good as a 182 in most respects.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Cup is a 17...but some companies place it in same category as normal 172 (16). Shop around you can get some good quotes.

DC5

I think it is insurance grp 17, but dont quote me on that. I just pay the money :)

If you want one that badly, and arent going to lose any money by doing it, I say go for it!!

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Bezza4 on 21 August 2005

I think it is insurance grp 17, but dont quote me on that. I just pay the money :)

If you want one that badly, and arent going to lose any money by doing it, I say go for it!!
cant really afford a 182 just yet, dont wanna lose performance bored of the colour and looks so want a small change a cup should fit the bill.

you can get blue cups with climate control, they are very rare though (it was something like a £700 option)

For me a cup is actually a few £ cheaper to insure than a 172 :confused: i would have expected it to be more, as theres no abs on it etc.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by edgerfs on 21 August 2005

Just be patient in a couple of months ull be able to get a 04 182 for £8500 I dare say...
but the problem is i wont be able to get a good price for my 172. it already has 38K on the clock and its got mods on i.e suspension and wheel mods.. so il be lucky to get £7,000 prolly more like £6,500 and i only have £1k to put towards after the sale of my car. so it really depends on how much i get for the 172.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 21 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 21 August 2005I like you but in reverse. Always wish id got a black 172[/QUOTE]because of the colour of because of the kit ?

Bought the Cup because of how it looks. Never occured to me I could buy the Turinis and Cup spoilers!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Bezza4 on 21 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 21 August 2005is it worth it, i think they look the nuts and my 172 is ice silver which is a great colour but too common and the diddy spoiler and no spliter better wheels, i always feel a bit lesser when i see someone in a shinny waxed up Cup..would it be stupid to swap considering i could sell the 172 and buy a cup with no loss in money. f**k the abs issue il just take my chances ive been mussing over this issue for a while, as long as its got the A/C i rekon that will be ok. surley the economy will be better as its 80kgs lighter also.any thoughts.. i dont want a 182 i think the exhausts and for some reason the image isnt as good as the cups but i may be wrong. btw.. whats this ??? http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=cup&keywords=air+con&min_pr=5000&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=yo8+9lf&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=8&distance=252&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200525197506600strange coloured cup thingy

[Edited by meggerman]

[Edited by meggerman on 21 August 2005 at 1:42pm] [/QUOTE]A 172 cup hasnt got air con. Unless you get one of the silver ones that come with climate control

Wrong, Air Con/CC whatever was an option on late cups, it was brought in as an option at the same time as being able to have a silver one :)

Remapped derv Golf

Its Full Climate Control like on the 172 and 182 (see Jon_rs car). The onlythe 182 Cup and trophy have the normal manual A/C.

Its was an £800 option on any Cup after sometime in 2003. As was the CD Changer and silver paint. I remember filling out the options list trying to decide to get it or not.

Wish I had now!!

VaVa

Sit tight then bad, hes right Ill tell thee!!

I though the same, mainly because I preferred the Cups colour.

In the end, I gave my 172 the Cup look for a total cost of about £250. Sold my 172 wheels, bought some Turinis, bought a Cup splitter of a mate for £20 and a Cup spoiler for £170. Happy as larry.

If you want to improve the handling get some eibachs or coilovers. Apparently the eibacjs make a massive improvement for the money...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/lagerlout1/DSC00044.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/lagerlout1/DSC00044.jpg