ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Koni Kit spring

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

My Koni kit should be arriving next week but i am undecided to which spring to use. I have specifically asked for the Vogtland spring which is the official Koni preference (and advised its the best of the one they could supply APEX,Pi etc) . But i have also purchased some Eibach sportlines just to give me some options. Got Eibach pros on the moment..!

Any suggestions as i have :-

Eibach Sportlines

Eibach Pro

Koni supplied (vogtland)

????

I think Vogtland is the OEM spring company for Koni, I think it should work well with Koni too. Vogtland itself also do suspension kit, but not sure if it is available for 172 or 182.

Id use they one they supply. Thats should be the best the eiback IMO is designed to run with stock dampers not th koni aftermarket ones.
I thought youd be getting Leda/blistein coilovers though. I take it youre getting camber adjusting bolts as well.
Be interesting to see the difference on the track/toll rods.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Eibach Pros and Sportline are design for uprated shocks as per all the instruction i have for them.

Regards to Leda/Bilstein/Ohlins spoke to the technical director from Ohlins and he has advise that unless you want to spend over £1k, get some Koni dampers and suitable springs. Yes geom changes will help but its trial and error to get the best compromise between track and road.

By the way he used to be the Technical service manager of Koni before he became Technical manager of Ohlins.

This is the reasoning for my decision, i will give a full report when fitted but from what i read here there have been 0 bad report regards to this combination.

The springs supplied with the Koni kit (red) seem a little softer than the eibachs sportlines.

Anyways for sale :-

Koni supplied lowering springs

Eibach Pro lowering spring

PM if interested

[Edited by EVOgone on 05 August 2005 at 1:19pm]

[Edited by EVOgone on 05 August 2005 at 1:21pm]