ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Grill and Plastics

The Beast MK4
My front grills, top and bottom are getting a bit shabby now. Also that black bit in front of the engine. :rasp:

Ive heard Auto Glym Engine and Machine cleaner mentioned in a few threads.....

What is the product to use?

Also I assume the old Autoglym Bumper Care will do the fog surrounds and strip on the rear bumper? I have loads left over from my Mk 2 Phase 1 days. lol

Any advice appreciated master detailers of CS. :D

al

ST on the way...
If they are clean i'd use either vinyl and rubber care or bumper care on them :)

Mito Sportiva 135
I use Chemical Guys New Look Vinyl Treatment on my front splitter, fog surrounds, the mesh and other plastics and tyres - so it is a great all round product which adds protection and a glossy finish which I like (this can be played up or down depending how much you use).

Available from Car Wash N Wax.... it's good stuff.

al

ST on the way...
I've tried the CG new look trim gel but find it just a bit too sticky for the plastics.

106 GTi
Upper Grille - Poorboys Natural Look, the only product I have found to leave it looking totally factory.

Lower Grille - Einzsett Vinyl and Rubber or AG Vinyl and Rubber, this is the pain takes ages gooing in and out of that muesh with a cloth wrapped pinky! lol

Splitter - Einzsett Vinyl and Rubber or AG Vinyl and Rubber

Fog Surrounds, Mirror Surrounds and Rear Bumper Insert - AG Bumper Care - Just buff well after and it wont streak.

Mito Sportiva 135
Upper Grille - Poorboys Natural Look, the only product I have found to leave it looking totally factory.

Lower Grille - Einzsett Vinyl and Rubber or AG Vinyl and Rubber, this is the pain takes ages gooing in and out of that muesh with a cloth wrapped pinky! lol

Fog Surrounds, Mirror Surrounds and Rear Bumper Insert - AG Bumper Care - Just buff well after and it wont streak.

I can't believe you clean the lower grille... I have only ever done this once and I lost the will to live. Spray down and wipe over with a cloth is as far as I go on that... I do drive my car after all Rich! ;) :quiet:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
rich just a quick question how do you get the dirt out from in between the renault sport badge

thanks

106 GTi

I can't believe you clean the lower grille... I have only ever done this once and I lost the will to live. Spray down and wipe over with a cloth is as far as I go on that... I do drive my car after all Rich! ;) :quiet:

Pah - needs dressing before a show ;)

After all I clean the underside so I am bound to clean the lower grille ...

Mito Sportiva 135

Yeh I noticed even the bottom of your exhaust is clean... you loser!! :rasp:

If I didn't drive on motorways most days I would probably have the same level of details but pointless on a car I use every day. People think I am bad enough as it is!

"Navy" N17 TWO

Is there much difference between the AG Vinyl & Rubber and the Bumper Care?

I have the AG vinyl & rubber, usually use it for my fog/mirror surrounds and window seals - doesn't last very long though.

106 GTi

Yeh I noticed even the bottom of your exhaust is clean... you loser!! :rasp:

If I didn't drive on motorways most days I would probably have the same level of details but pointless on a car I use every day. People think I am bad enough as it is!

Backboxes polished everyweek ;)

106 GTi

Is there much difference between the AG Vinyl & Rubber and the Bumper Care?

I have the AG vinyl & rubber, usually use it for my fog/mirror surrounds and window seals - doesn't last very long though.

Bumper care lasts longer but is more suited to textured trim.

The AG Vinyl And Rubber works better on smooth or less textured trims. The Einszett looks identical on these areas but lasts longer.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
I use a bottle brush/test tube brush (think thats what they called!) from work and megs NXT tech protect for the lower grill. The brush gets into all the corners of the squares. Don't do it every wash though, takes too long!