ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust Options

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
My 172 has a Janspeed Exhaust on it. It is a decent exhaust, seems well enough made, it's only about 16month old etc, but it isn't exactly to my taste. It's a little louder than i'd like at 60-70 and I prefer the original look where the exhaust can't be seen.

I have looked at the K-Tec site and the mild steel exhaust is £245 delivered and the s/s one is about £300 (not sure if I have looked at it wrong, but it seems like I get a discount on the s/s but not he mild steel :S).

I am certain I saw a thread the other da about an OEM quality/style system for a very reasonable price. Are the k-tec ones going to offer me something majorly different to a standard style system?

I am guessing the mild steel one is likely to rot in about the same length of time as any other mild steel one and the s/s one is noted as being 'louder', which would mean the only benefit would be having it hidden, it'd probably still be louder than i'd like.

I am happy to pay a little extra for a k-tec exhaust if it's actually going to be that much better overall, but not looking to spend big money on a 'custom stainless' when the car is rarely going to be pushed to an extent where the restrictiveness of the standard system would be an issue.

Any other reccomendations? What sort of money would my current system be worth (I have the reciept to prove the age)? The car is insured as having a replacement system so no worries on that part of it.

Or am I just better off keeping the current system?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My ktec didn't fit well, and was heavy as f**k. The yozza stealth is a bit quieter, and is light years ahead in fit/finish and all round quality. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
My ktec didn't fit well, and was heavy as f**k. The yozza stealth is a bit quieter, and is light years ahead in fit/finish and all round quality. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Just been looking at the yozzasport one. It doesn't say if it is stainless or mild. When it doesn't state, i'd normally assume mild, but it's priced at what I have seen for an 'off the shelf' stainless system.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Scott S said:
Just been looking at the yozzasport one. It doesn't say if it is stainless or mild. When it doesn't state, i'd normally assume mild, but it's priced at what I have seen for an 'off the shelf' stainless system.
Rofl. It's stainless. Epic quality.

Ph 1 172
never struggled with my ktec stealth at all fits perfectly! only reason it dont fit properly is that you/garage have fitted it wrongly! dont go for the supersports stealth though its droney at 60+ id go for the silenced center section stealth if i was in your shoes, if your going for a ktec that is! if you want noise go for supersports.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
never struggled with my ktec stealth at all fits perfectly! only reason it dont fit properly is that you/garage have fitted it wrongly! dont go for the supersports stealth though its droney at 60+ id go for the silenced center section stealth if i was in your shoes, if your going for a ktec that is! if you want noise go for supersports.
Thanks for the advise, but given the garage's that fitted it, thats bullshit. For reference, here's the exhaust jacked up so it's touching the base of the car. Ie, it can't physically go any higher, at all.
SDC12475.gif

Ph 1 172
ill get a pic of mine up tomorrow mate you cannot see it! but the only way i see mine is if i am slightly lower than my rear bumper! it is stealth as a stealth should be

clio 172
i tell u what i got which i think is nice standerd exhaust with a ktr de cat pipe silencer and a magnex twin 3 back box with is about 89 db under the police limit i got tested about a week ago the limit it 96db i like. it sounds nice at high revs and nice at 70 to 80 and put about 5 bhp on

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice 'por' badge! made me lol :)

i've got a stealth, but i think when i next need one i'm going for a yozza.

Fabia vRS
I've got a k-tec stealth on my 172 which I got in replacement of my OEM when it rotted and fell off. Despite what k-tec say it is NOT a replacement for the OEM. It is much louder and very droaney, especially on the motorway. Think very carefully before purchasing one if you want a standard sound. In terms of build quality is it good although another major weakness for me is that it is very heavy and can sag on the rear mount if you don't reinforce it.

I'm getting a yozza soon. Hopefully that will give me the near standard sound I require.