ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CD Changer

BMW E46 330i Touring
This is a really basic question, but I only tried once this evening and the book is in the car still, so thought I'd just get a quick answer on here!

How do you get the CD Changer cartridge out of the changer in the Phase 1 172? I've slid the 'door' back and tried pressing the orange button, with and without ignition on, but nothing.

I haven't read how to do it in the manual yet, so please excuse my ignorance, but I'm in my dressing gown and it's bugging me!

Ta ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, I'll have to check all the wiring when it's light and I have a bit of time to spare. Glad I'm not completely stupid though! I assumed it was the orange button which did the business... should the cartridge just slide out towards me?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah it's green actually... my mistake!

I've tried it with the ignition / HU on and also off. I'm guessing that there's a connection loose or something as the guy fitted it back into his car just before I bought it off him, and I don't know if he tested it.

I'll have to unscrew it and take it out and then get the manual out and make sure everything is in the right place... I need my CD's!

Civic Type-R
Does your car have the standard head-unit or is there a new one in there? As the cd-changer wont work if its not used with the standard Renault tape player iirc