ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

110 top end in a 16v

350z & 16v Maxi

My mate who was whipped by the Cavy SRi 8v was pissed off with his valver so swapped it with another one of my mates. He is pretty happy with the car and has killed the Cavy that beat my other mate and is happy with the car except that it tops out at 110. It feels very like mine while driving but as soon as the speedo hits 110 the car just all of a sudden just stops accelerating. Can anyone explain why?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

has it had a new gear box?

Is the throttle fully opening? I.e accerator cable might be to short(happened to my mates 306 .... lol)

350z & 16v Maxi

Dont know whats up, the guy who had it first and did all the work to it said it went to 130 no prob but now only does 110? Dont know whats up.

350z & 16v Maxi

Dont think it is any of that, i think i have found out what it is. It has an FSE boost valve and the guy before him turned it right up and we think the fuel pump is fecked.

BMW 320d Sport

Well if the thing is running too rich then it will kill the power. So youve got enough to get you up to 110 but then its run out of grunt. A bit like a Saxo. Get the emissions checked and see what its like.

These uprated fuel pressure regulators dont work well on valvers, think it can confuse the ECU when it gets madly rich figures from lambda sensor, but a differing picture from throttle position and engine speed etc. Pretty sure they are only worth the effort with other mods, very good chance that is what is screwing it up.

110 top end mate, i dont think so !

I have cleared 120mph and still had revs to play with, somthing wrong with your one !

Mine has a PBV (as a compliment to other mods) and seems to run OK. It did throw a spark plug out a couple of months ago, but I dont think that was connected.

The only thing that worries me is that since its adjustable by a nut on the top of it, I was wondering what would happen if it came loose/I accidentally knocked it. Would I have to have it set up on a RR again? Ive had my car for over a year now and not taken it to be set up - I just assume that the RRs the last owner had got the settings right.

my 1.8 16v redlines in 5th at just ova 140mph gotta get it chipped 2 raise that rev limit. it got a magnex system cat back!