ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10" or 12" sub?

What are the main audible differences between a 10" and 12" sub.

Will I just get more bass with a 12", or are there more differences?

Im inclined to get a better quality 10" for the money of an average 12".

get a vibe 10 inch active, 12 inch is a deeper bass. go on the vibe web site they give you the charatisterics (sp) of there subs in the different enclousers. I had 1 10inch then 2 10 inch then 1 10 inch. as it sounded better, mates got 2 twelves and its just so loud when he turns it up.

does your avatar still wink?

Clio 172mk2
id go for 10s as well , but then again depends on yer kind of muisc , slower bass usually sounds better on bigger subs, dancy tunes are better on 10s

Polo + Micra
i think it does depend on the quality of an amp when playing bass notes.

a 12 on a good amp can sound alot better than a 10 on a crap amp.

imo a 12 sealed up tighter than nuclear waste is the best option

Clio 172mk2
ye , ud need to get a set up wich suits u, obv like dinks saying no point spendin money on a good sub n crap amp or visa versa

i think when u get a sub say 100 watts rms u def need a amp 100watts rms +10% u think

best thing to do would be to ask some one on caraudiodirect, used to be a fella on there called efmax i believe that made sub box`s for a living and did it to yer style of music

Polo + Micra
damping factor is a good one to look for when buying an amp for a sub

the higher the better

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you're into rock then you probably want a decent 10" sub mate, much punchier bass, which will pick up the strong rhythm better than the 12", which is a more 'boomier' bass that will drone on...

A decent sub of any size will manage all bass levels well though. :)

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I read on here a short time ago about the 8" subs you can get. People said they sounded really good with defined bass but not too boomy.

Polo + Micra
looks like you will get 300w from the rear channels bridged if you don't bridge the front ones