ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 / 16v compatibility

forgive my ignorance but here goes,ive got a 1.4 an i fear my gear box and clutch may soon be on the way out, whats the compatibilty like between the valver and an RT? can i put in a 16v clutch etc?

those who are mechanically gifted wou u mind sheding some light

FRST and 106 GTi

guess not.. the valver cluch is bigger if I can remember.

why do you want a valver gearbox?

i think the gearing of the valver is different to be suited to the diff engine characteristics. I dont reckon the RT would benefit fro mthe valver box, but id be interested to know the outcome if anyone did this!

BMW 320d Sport

valver box probably isnt any stronger than the RT one, and it would definitely be too long for the RT as well, designed to keep the F7P engine on the boil in a 2000 rpm range at the top of the revs. Stick with a short RT box if I were you. The WIlly box is definitely stronger than the others, but that is longer than any other Clio box.